Please register or login to continue

Register Login

... what me?

... what me?

By PeterHunter

… what me…? (Purdy, Symes and Wright - part 12)

Peter Hunter


… there is nothing worse than being accused of something I haven't done…
…at least that is my story and I am sticking to it…
the story goes like this. Mum and Dads television was not working very well. Every time it was switched on it developed a 'snowstorm' effect and took about five minutes to settle down and show a clear picture…
… not good enough.
It was a large floor-standing set with a videotape machine in the base - not the slim elegant ones sold now. The Television engineer removed it to his workshop to investigate the fault, and in due course returned it to us.
Our humans were curious to know what had caused the machine to miss-behave. Alistair, the TV engineer laughed and from his pocket produced a dead mouse - shrunken, dried - mummified…
… 'this I think… Wires were chewed and we found this…' he said, shaking the poor animal's body.
'Purdey, roared Dad… you bad, bad cat…'
Now why did I get the blame? Why me? Whenever I catch anything I always claim a piece of cheese as a reward…
… no way would I have let a good piece of cheese escape into a television set…

End

© Peter Hunter 2012

Peter Hunter's full-length works are available on Kindle

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
PeterHunter
PeterHunter
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
31 Jul, 2012
Genre
Type
Words
223
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
3,372

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.