Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Et Metunt Eos,(Those That Reap.) Chapter One- The Death Of A Reaper.

Et Metunt Eos,(Those That Reap.) Chapter One- The Death Of A Reaper.

By killik15

We walk through the forest as the boom of distant fireworks from a near by village sounds through the Forrest. The night air is fairly warm and the wind is heavy with the sent of sap. I look to my partner as we continue away from the village. Her black hair shimmers in the light of the full moon that hangs overhead. I crane my neck to what she's writing in the leather journal that she holds in her left hand. At the top of the page is the date, November 7th 1687.
“ What are you looking at? She asks snapping it shut.
“Just admiring your eyes.”
She sighs lightly, tucking the book back in its spot under her cloak. We continue our walk deeper into the woods in silence until a pail wight fox wanders  into our path. She stops suddenly, halting me with her arm. I focus my gaze on the creature, It looks at me for a second before turning its attention to the sound of snapping branches further down the trail. Its eyes are two different colors, one blue the other brown.  Me and my partner exchange a quick glance before we each raise an arm.
“Iolci vaoan.” she says
A white aura emanates from the fox as it screams in pain.
The figure of a woman appears, hunched over in the fog. She gasps for air as she begins falling to the ground.
“Alalare” I say calmly.
Chains surround the woman, trapping her on her knees.
“ How did you know?” She asks still struggling to breath.
“It was your eyes.”
“With the amount of discontent the locals have for you I'm surprised you and your kin still dare to walk the woods around this village” I say as we reach the young woman.
“They believe us to be tricksters and goblins to be untrusted, but that is untrue we strive for nothing but friendship with thees people.”
Thypon said the same thing right before he started burning villages and throwing mountains.”
She crouches before the shifter
“My friend and I care not of your motives, we seek your master”
“ I don't know where she is” She says looking to the ground.
“ we just want to speak with her now-”
“I know what you are, I know what you do and I-”
She places her fingers to the captives forehead
“Vaoan”
“Where is Inari?”
All color floods from the woman as she speaks.
“The shrine-on the mountain.” She says as another firework booms behind us.
“That one?” I ask pointing to a mountain miles to our east.
She nods lightly in response looking at me with sorrow through her dull eyes.
“ Your turn to clean up” She stands up unsheathing her sword.
I hear her pat her on the head
“Good Kitsune”
I close my eyes “Adagita zacar.”
I appear on top of the mountain between two statues of Kitsune. The Shinto arch in front of me is split in two with either side laying on the sides of the path. The shrine its self is in poor condition with one of the doors partly detached. The shrine its self is small only three rooms with the shrine hall wedged between two smaller rooms. I begin my walk to the entrance as the sound of rapid foot steps emanates from the chambers. A masked shinobi appears from the shrine with one of her swords drawn.
“Ialponu “
Her right eye erupts in flames. She clutches her face as she tumbles past me.
I raise my hand over my shoulder as I continue to walk.
“Grosb”
Firing a compact blast of wind from my fingertips, knocking her of the mountain.
I fix my black garb as I enter the shrine , at the far end of the room sits a young woman, she's dressed in a plain blue kimono. She sits with her hands in her lap.
“Inari?
She looks up at me as I stop in the middle of the void chamber.
I raise my arm towards her.
“I'm sorry, Izumik- “
I feel a sharp pain in my chest as a blade pokes through my chest. I glance over my shoulder to see the shinobi clutching her blade. The right side of her face is badly burned.  
“How are you-”
She kicks me from her blade. I fall to the ground unable to move. The two Share a panicked glance before disappearing. Soon after my partner enters the shrine.
“Leo!”
She runs to my side taking my hand in hers.
My body feels heavy and my vision begins to cloud.
“I- failed- Ariel, I'm-”
I see nothing but blackness and I surrender my self to the unyielding darkness.
“Jonah! Wake up!”
I open my eyes to my sister Lena crouching next to my bed.
“Are you goanna sleep forever? Come on were going to be late.” She says leaving the room.
I sit up rubbing my eyes.
“That damned nightmare's comeback again. I say shaking my head.  


IALPONU-BURN
ADAGITA ZACAR- TO MOVE
ALALARE-BIND UP
GROSB-A BITTER STING          
 IOLCI -BRING OUT  
VIOAN-TRUTH

Kitsune are benevolent, celestial foxes associated with the god Inari, Stories depict them as intelligent beings and as possessing magical abilities that increase with their age and wisdom.
Inari Okami-the Japanese kami of foxes, of fertility, rice, tea and Sake, of agriculture and industry, of general prosperity and worldly success. The most popular representations of Inari are a young female food goddess, and an old man carrying rice


Typhon was the deadliest monster of Greek mythology. The last son of Gaia, fathered by Tartarus, he was known as the "Father of All Monsters" depicted as having a human upper half that reached as high as the stars, and his hands reached east and west, a hundred dragon heads that erupted from his neck and shoulders. His bottom half consisted of gigantic viper coils that could reach the top of his head when stretched out and constantly made a hissing noise. His whole body was covered in wings, and fire flashed from his eyes.
Shinobi-a ninja

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
killik15
killik15
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
24 Mar, 2015
Words
1,009
Read Time
5 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
0
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
2,450

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.