Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Miss Greene's Interrogation

Miss Greene's Interrogation

By heythere

"Hello,"
    "Hello, Miss Greene."
    "I'm sorry for asking this, but why am I here? Did I do something wrong?"
    "Oh, no no. Well, that's what I need to find out."
    "What? What do you need to find out?"
    "Could you please explain to me why you moved out three years ago, Miss Greene?"
    "Are people watching us through that window?"
    "Answer the question, Miss Greene. Please."
    "Uh, I don't know. All of my friends went to college while I stayed to live with my dad and I wanted to be like them, I guess, living life away from home."
    "What about away from your father?"
    "Huh? Why do you say that?"
    "Just answer the question."
    "Well, we definitely weren't the perfect duo, but that's not why I moved out."
    "Not at all?"
    "No... "
    "What have you been doing lately? Do you have new friends in Cleveland?"
    "What do these questions mean? Why are you asking me them?"
    "You wrote down that you moved to Cleveland, Ohio. Is this correct?"
    "Yes, it's a great city, a bunch of job opportunities. Go CAVS!"
    "You like basketball?"
    "Very much, I love to go to games with my friends."
    "Really? When's the last time you went to one?"
    "Uh, November 20th."
    "So do you keep in touch with family?"
    "Uh, not really. I mean, I haven't spoken to my dad in years."
    "And why is that?"
    "We just didn't really agree too often."
    "He isn't a very good father?"
    "No, he wasn't"
    "Wasn't? So you do know?"
    "Know what?"
    "Your father is dead."
    "He's... he's dead? What? When? How could this... wait! You think I did it? That's why you brought me in here, isn't it!"
    "Calm down."
    "Don't tell me to calm down!"
    "Miss Greene,"
    "My father dies and you just assume I did it because you heard I punched him the day I left."
    "Sit down, Miss Greene! And we did not assume."
    "So, you don't think I murdered him?"
    "No, we don't assume you murdered him because we know you murdered him."
    "Excuse me?"
    "The day before your father died, he came into the station saying he saw you in his basement. No one of believed him, we all thought he was just going crazy. After questioning the neighbors, most of them said he told them about strange noises coming from the basement."
    "That doesn't mean anything."
    "We investigated and found a mattress under a rather tall couch behind a wall of storage boxes. Scattered around the mattress were items all owned by you when you were a child."
    "What are you saying?"
    "You never went to Cleveland. You stayed home. You've been living in your father's basement for the past three years and finally decided to kill him last Wednesday."
    "And what proof?"
    "Here is a picture of a girl running out of the house less than an hour after the murder occurred taken by a twelve-year-old boy riding his bike because he thought the girl was hot. He was too focused on her attractiveness while taking the picture with his phone to notice the bloodstain on her jeans or the cobra tattoo on her ankle. The same tattoo you have. This is a picture of you. You killed your father."
    "Stop! Stop handcuffing me! I didn't mean to! It was an accident! Where are you taking me?"
    "And one more thing, Miss Greene."
    "What!"
    "The CAVS never had a game on the 20th."

Author Notes: please rate or comment ;)

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
heythere
heythere
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
21 Nov, 2015
Words
678
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
3,183

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.