Bye, Bye, Brother (Pt. 1)

By rose

Where did you go? Why did you leave me? I've always wondered why you did what you did. I've tried to convince myself that you had a somewhat reasonable explanation for what happened. But anyway, there I was, standing beside you, in a hospital room.

1 Week Earlier:

I was hanging out with my friends when my older brother Jeremy gave me a call. Reluctantly, I answered. Here's how it went:

- Hey Lil' sis, is Dad around?
Said, Jeremy
- No... Well yes, actually he just walked in the gate with my mom. (we have different moms)
I said
- Can you pass him to me?
He asked
-S-sure? Is anything wrong?
- Well, I don't think I should be the one to tell you this...
He said
-Oh my goodness!!! Can you just tell me?!
-Fine. I don't want you to freak out but John got into a car accident
Said, Jeremy
Shocked, I gave my phone to my dad and told him it was important.

1 week later

My dad was in Arizona with my brother and his mom. Meanwhile, I was at home, with my mom poking at my food, unable to swallow anything. My brother was in the ICU which is a medically induced coma. He had been unconscious for a week. The question was, "Is he going to survive?"

Author Notes: This is a true story. This was one of the hardest times of my life. There will be a few more parts. Thank you for reading!

- rose

4 Reviews

For more features, such as favoriting, recommending, and reviewing, please go to the full version of this story.