Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Drink of the Devil Reviews

3 reviews have given an average rating of 2.7 out of 5 Stars
RebelSoul
RebelSoul gave a rating of 3

Interesting concept, however it seems a little rough which dispels the tension that builds up throughout the story. Now I am horrible with grammar so I wont focus on that. I will suggest that the second part where the boy realizes he had been tricked describe that betrayal, show his fear. That adds to the tension as opposed the just telling the reader as the events happen. And the last sentence, I know breaking up the sentence was to be a killer ending but it also made it seem blocky and killed it in my own opinion.

0
Kat
Kat Oh, okey! I will work on those! Thanks for telling me! I can be really bad at grammar 😬. Thanks for putting up with it!
Author -
RebelSoul
RebelSoul Im awful at editing so I ask someone else to do it for me. It never hurts to have a friend read it over, and after a while, you'll make less mistakes. I'm sure of it.
Reviewer -
Kat
Kat Lol, thanks! 🙂
Author -
Entangled_Fate
🌸Fate gave a rating of 4

This is grande piece but you do have errors. My advice to you is before posting you should reread it five times and if you are not sure then just ask someone if they can look over it for you to help you catch the mistakes because you are missing some words with other errors. Do not be discouraged. You story is good. Keep on writing.

Have a good evening,
Fate🌸

0
Kat
Kat Thanks!
Author -
apemann
Andy (Formerly Apemann) gave a rating of 1

Your change of name has, regrettably, not led to a change of standard. As (what has become) usual, your story has spelling and grammar inaccuracies as well as being too short to make any sort of sense or impact.

I just do not understand why you will not take - and act on - the advice you are given. You have some really good story ideas, but you are so slapdash when you write that you spoil them completely. You do not do yourself justice by submitting such sub-standard work when it is clear you are capable of much better IF you put in the effort...

0
Kat
Kat I do take, and act on advice that I'm given, but so far you haven't given me any reliable suggestions. I am not going to go to a link you tell me to go to, and I would love it if I had grammar or spelling errors you would tell me WHERE they are.
I am sorry that you feel like I don't put in any effort. But if you feel that way, why don't you stop reading my work?
Thank you,
Kate
Author -
🌸Fate
🌸Fate As much as I love you and appreciate you Apeman. You are being a little too harsh. Please consider that not everyone is perfect and it takes time to fix mistakes.

Have a good evening,
Fate 🌸
Rich Powell
Rich Powell As a user, Apemann is entitled to use the review system and express his opinion. However, as we are also users who share this platform, we are entitled to disagree if we feel so.

There are a few mistakes here and there, but nothing that's not fixable. Not to the extent that I'd rate the entire story on it. So, I disagree with this review.

Looking again at this review, it does seem quite harsh. If you also interpret it this way, there are other reviews to go by that maybe more helpful to you.
Andy (Formerly Apemann)
Andy (Formerly Apemann) My comments are born out of frustration that time after time - in spite of comments and advice previously given to you - you DO NOT act on it. You make the same mistakes over and over again. As someone who enjoys believes you are capable of better, it's frustrating.

You see me as your harshest critic instead of the one person who is honest enough and forthright enough to tell you that you are NOT perfect. Others may tell you what you want t hear, I won't. I tell you the absolute truth - always
Reviewer -

Please login or register to review this story.