Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Paracosm Reviews

2 reviews have given an average rating of 5 out of 5 Stars
DMJohn
DMJohn gave a rating of 5

I don't think the descriptions are excessive at all, I think you did exactly what you set out to do: create an incredibly detailed picture of the world. I'm not sure I've ever had text give me such a clear picture of a scene as this did. Heck, even most videos don't provide so clear a picture, and they can literally show you a picture. There's a nice sense of time and space as well, like you just spent most of the day casually wandering alone in the forest.

Perhaps I might say there are too many different types of trees, which might be what could give the impression of too much detail. Maybe stick to one or two; I think fewer species of tree would be more in line with what I seen in real forests anyway, and that gives you more room you could use to describe other things.

I would also say that the harsher elements (the thorns, the wolves, the cats) do stand out a lot against the otherwise comforting and almost idyllic world. I don't think that is a bad thing though. In fact, I think perhaps some more time spent on these elements would make it even better. Because they stand out so much, they have more meaning, and I think it would be good to capitalize on that.

1
LeCat127
LeCat127 Thank you so much!
The trees are definitely the aspect that I suspect I spent too much time on, but I'm glad it didn't detract from what I was going for overall. I'm probably not going to make edits to this story, but I really appreciate the feedback!
Author -
ThomastheRay
Thomas Ray gave a rating of 5

The descriptions, like you said, are excessive, and if you don't feel like actively immersing yourself in it, it's probably impossible to get through this whole story. BUT, when I did immerse myself in it, it was pretty incredible how many layers of beauty were here, and how vividly I could see/hear/smell the forest.

1
LeCat127
LeCat127 Yay! I'm glad to hear that.
Author -

Please login or register to review this story.