Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Broken Man Reviews

3 reviews have given an average rating of 3.3 out of 5 Stars
Kaleighishappy
Kat gave a rating of 4

I honestly don't think it's an overused subject.... but, whatever. Really, it's about what 20% of early deaths are coming from these days.
I loved the descriptive language and think that this was one of your best. Thanks!!

0
JamesD147
JamesD147 Thank you so much
Author -
Kat
Kat No problem
Reviewer -
Underwood1090
Underwood1090 gave a rating of 3

I'm going to semi agree but also disagree with the other commenter. Most stories have already been told in some form or fashion, so it's hard to create original material. Most of the time we are just telling our on version of a similar story. Not that we necessarily base our stories off of it, but every story has a close cousin. As a writer, you need to make sure you use correct English, syntax, subject verb agreement, etc. I find some of your writing distracting due to errors. Your character had a little voice, which is great! I find it by him addressing the pile of mail and such, which works well. It seems like he is describing it and not you writing about it, so good job! I know as a writer, it is hard to post your work, but I like constructive criticism, so I give it. Keep writing, good luck!

0
JamesD147
JamesD147 Thank you. Will try again with possibly something different. Was wondering what errors did you come across?
Author -
apemann
Andy (Formerly Apemann) gave a rating of 3

Yet another tiresome ten suicide story, albeit told in slightly different manner.

As such, though, it's not a bad story. There are faults with it, but nothing too serious. I only wish you had turned your skills to a more entertaining and original theme than this boring and overdone one!

One last thought: do YOU really believe that this story is suitable for kids as young as twelve years old? I suggest that you change the age category to at least 15+

0
JamesD147
JamesD147 Changed it. Thanks for the feedback, will take it and try again.
Author -

Please login or register to review this story.