Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Garden and the Seed Reviews

5 reviews have given an average rating of 5 out of 5 Stars
Liz
Liz gave a rating of 5

I really like this allegory - such a great choice of images that brings home in a beautifully elegant way the pain that discrimination can cause.

Liz

0
Danieloptera
Danieloptera gave a rating of 5

I am a gardener so I see the fight for life in a garden. I like it. Migration perhaps, but I think migration itself is much more complex. I have been migrating all my life and the outcome very much depends on who you are. I would not tell people why you wrote it, let them decide what it is you wish to describe.

0
Matt Bailey
Matt Bailey Thanks for your feedback!
Author -
Adalyne5
Adalyne5 gave a rating of 5

Really liked this piece

1
Matt Bailey
Matt Bailey Glad you liked it!
Author -
IanG
IanG gave a rating of 5

This is a good fusion of science and allegory. I see the parallel between seed an immigrant, but there is some botanical truth here as well. Plants many people think are native were introduced long ago by humans, and it has been said 'a weed is only a plant where you don't want it.' There is a risk, in this kind of allegory, of imposing too many human preconceptions on nature. You have avoided that here.

1
Matt Bailey
Matt Bailey Thank you for the feedback! Exactly, roses are synonymous with the uk but most have been introduced.
Author -
coffeesoakedshoes
coffeesoakedshoes gave a rating of 5

This is such an interesting perspective, and I think you maneuvered it extremely well. My only suggestion is more variance of length in sentences, otherwise it was lovely!

1
Matt Bailey
Matt Bailey Thank you! I'll have a look at the length of the sentences...
Author -

Please login or register to review this story.