Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Man With a Broken Nose Reviews

3 reviews have given an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 Stars
Afterword
Afterword gave a rating of 5

As you gave me a lovely review, Ian, I can certainly return the favor. This is a very moving story. Eugenics is a horrible part of our history. As for the "disability" of deafness, I would hate to think of a world without Beethoven. Bravo, sir!

0
IanG
IanG Thank you Afterword.
Author -
runnerbean13
Jane Bean gave a rating of 4

This story starts well, drawing the reader into the action. And there is also an excellent sense of place - although I did feel that some of the later descriptions were arbitrary and didn't add to the story. However, not only did I enjoy it, I learnt something. I had no idea that deafness was ever considered an unacceptable disability in the UK, which is quite horrifying.

1
IanG
IanG Thank you for a good review Jane
Author -
kiraafinifrock
Kiraa gave a rating of 5

I really liked this story. Your symbolism in this is absolutely beautiful and I'd love to take the time to explore it. Something about when you said "A floor lamp stood behind us like a sentry on guard" really caught my attention, as well as the pigeon description at the end and how Griffin was against a lamp post when the main character saw him. The intriguing beginnings of a tale of forgiveness- or, not to forgive. You're a great writer. Loved how it hints to the morality of war and how it affects the people involved, too. Good stuff.

0
IanG
IanG Thank you Kiraa, its good to know people are enjoying my stories.
Author -

Please login or register to review this story.