Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The TIme When Magic Was Alive pt.1 Reviews

3 reviews have given an average rating of 5 out of 5 Stars
Lussac
Lussac gave a rating of 5

I agree that this could be outstanding if developed further. Obviously, it seems a little confusing at first as we are bombarded with so many fantasy characters so quickly, but there is an awful lot of good stuff here to work with.... Please stick with it and tell us some more.....

0
lol⁷
lol⁷ Thank you! This is my first time writing fantasy, so I expect some bumps along the way... Unfortunately, I'm hitting some writers block on the second part, so it may be a while until the next part comes out.
Author -
ThomastheRay
Thomas Ray gave a rating of 5

This has the unmistakable feel of high fantasy, with multiple races mentioned in chapter one, and just a general vibe of a huge world to learn more about. It's cool! It's a little vague at some parts, and SOME of the dialogue seems a little forced, but those are minor complaints, and they come along with early drafts! This is really good, and I have to ask.... what was the teacher expecting? They gave you a D? Were they asking for nonfiction or something?!?!

0
lol⁷
lol⁷ Thank you! My teacher was expecting fiction, she did say it could be fantasy, but she said that it seemed unoriginal and bland.
Author -
Thomas Ray
Thomas Ray hm..... It's a little vague, but not unoriginal. Any blandness comes from a lack of emotional investment. It is hard to care about the characters when there are so many introduced so quickly, not to mention how short this is for a chapter, let alone the opening one. As I said, I really think it could become something amazing.
Originality is a weird thing.... and some people don't seem to understand it.
Reviewer -
faithful
𝙛𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙛𝙪𝙡 gave a rating of 5

Spectacular writing! Who said this deserved a D?! Teachers, man..., *shakes head*
Anyway, you could be the next big fantasy writer with this gorgeous prose and style! And the cliffhanger... OoO!

1
lol⁷
lol⁷ oh my gosh, thank you!
Author -

Please login or register to review this story.