Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Too Late Reviews

3 reviews have given an average rating of 4 out of 5 Stars
NorthernPhoenix
NorthernPhoenix gave a rating of 4

The first stanza is completely delightful. I love your use of repetition (anaphora, I think?), and the rhythm and meter flow beautifully. In the second stanza, I feel like we lost a bit of that flow, particularly in the last line, and in the last stanza, I feel like it was completely gone.
I think that because of your use of anaphora and the steadiness of the meter throughout the first half, it could be really powerful for you to switch it up a bit in the last stanza, but only if you give it a strong, define meter to really drive it home. I noticed that you weren't strictly using iambic meter for the more structured stanzas, but maybe if you tried to do so for the end, that could help. Anyway, I'm not entirely sure on that, but I hope it's helpful for you regardless.
I do enjoy the idea of the poem, and I feel like you have a lot of good potential for it!

0
NorthernPhoenix
NorthernPhoenix Oh! Also, in line 4 you should have written "to" not "too", and you missed capitalizing and "i" towards the end.
Reviewer -
chamiboii69
chamiboii69 gave a rating of 5

Woop,what a piece of art,short and sweet.Keep it up Summer,you have gained a fan

0
SJD ❤
SJD ❤ Haa thanks
Author -
ThomastheRay
Thomas Ray gave a rating of 3

I really don't know how to critique poetry...

0
SJD ❤
SJD ❤ it cool
Author -

Please login or register to review this story.