Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Vivid Rainbows Were Eroding From His Palms Reviews

apemann
Andy (Formerly Apemann) gave a rating of 2

Whilst I appreciate the somewhat surrealist and esoteric nature of your work, the use of incorrect words and bad spelling is inexcusable ('there' instead of 'their' for instance) .To 'erode' means to rub or wear away; how does that word fit in with your poem???

It's all very well being clever and arty - but you still have to do the basics right.

0
PoeticT
PoeticT I fully understand the wording I have chosen, and yes their and there have always plagued me...but the wording is correct for what I have penned. in other words it was dissipating but I chose the words pertaining to this piece... well its a piece of delusion and madness so if you read it again you may see it...
Author -
Andy (Formerly Apemann)
Andy (Formerly Apemann) I disagree heartily that you have used the correct words in the correct context. Your work needs to be understood to be effective. If you are using words that do not fit the piece - even if it is experimental- then you are wasting your time and that of your reader. The fact that you have used the word 'dissipating' in your reply makes me wonder what you think you are achieving? Where, pray, does that word have ANY relevance to the topic under discussion??? Its use illustrates my point perfectly!
Reviewer -
PoeticT
PoeticT dis¦si|pate
[ˈdɪsɪpeɪt]

VERB
(with reference to a feeling or emotion) disappear or cause to disappear:
"the concern she'd felt for him had wholly dissipated" · [More]

synonyms: disappear · vanish · evaporate · dissolve · melt away · [More]
·

We may have to agree to disagree on wording. using words meaning the same but different
Author -

Please login or register to review this story.