Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Wish for the Sky Reviews

2 reviews have given an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 Stars
TheForgotten
TheForgotten gave a rating of 5

I really liked this poem. I feel slang can be used appropriately, and it definitely was in this one. I didn't really run into any snags other than a little in the beginning when I did see a small amount of "forced" rhyming. Otherwise I thought it was rather lovely

0
Kat
Kat Thank you, this poem came from a part of me that just wants to be free, but it was hard to connect with it - giving the forced feeling.
Author -
Andy (Formerly Apemann)
Andy (Formerly Apemann) 'Easier' and 'Keister' don't even rhyme so how can you agree that it's right? If it actually rhymed I could have looked past it...
apemann
Andy (Formerly Apemann) gave a rating of 2

Again, your choice to ignore another of the submission guidelines (that of using slang and colloquialisms) in your work rankles. You are better than some of the work you submit. Using cheap 'kop-outs' (such as 'kiester') demeans you and your work.

You say feel you are "getting the hang of poetry"? One golden rule to observe when writing rhymes, especially, is if you've got to FORCE the rhyme then it's not worth the bother. The rhymes should feel natural and smooth.

This is not your finest hour as you've produced much better work than this poem. However, as a learning experience, it's all valuable knowledge.

1
Kat
Kat Thanks for the feedback. It's nice to receive some criticism, most people don't point out these things. I agree that it didn't sound like it was coming from the heart, and I admire that you are able to tell. Thanks for the help!
Author -

Please login or register to review this story.