Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Always Together
Always Together

Always Together

SilverOaksSilverOaks
1 Review

Silver Oaks, a gentle lady in the full bloom of youth, stood alone on the beach, gazing over the aquamarine water with her sincere kiwi-colored spheres. Her cinereal hair danced lightly in the ocean breeze, tickling against one cheek as she smiled to herself with anticipation, resting her cheek against one hand as she traced a finger along her silver necklace. She wore a violet tank top, her shoulders a beautiful lily-white in the sun, and teal shorts that looked comfortable and easy to wear. Her mane flowed in a leaden torrent past her shoulders, complementing her gentle lily-white visage. A prominent scar stood out on her pearly skin. Furry ears flicked at the top of her head, and she twitched her cinereal tail.

Her thoughts wandered to her days in Flynn's company. It started on that day, when she had found herself facing mortal danger, desperately in need of a savior. He came in the form of Flynn, who cut down what danger he could and swept her away from the rest. From then on, they were inseparable. They shared every part of their life with each other. That was how it was to this very day.
Her ears pricked at the sound of familiar footsteps. She twitched her tail happily and looked up before Flynn even spoke a word. "Silver," he said simply with an admiring look-over and a beaming grin. His crimson windows to his soul complimented his khaki strands, kept masculinely short, belying his rebellious heart. He was dressed in his usual everyday clothes. He had a toned but slender body covered with amber skin. As Silver drew nearer, she caught a note of his familiar scent of lingering iron and steel. She smiled to herself. It always reminded her of the time they shared.

"Oh, Sweetpea! You came!" Silver Oaks said breathlessly, reaching out to take him into an embrace. With that, they began to walk along the beach.

The air was salty and warm, the sun sparkling bright and the waves foam-crested and cerulean, and yet Silver Oaks could not let herself be happy. She wanted to reach for Flynn's steady hand, always a comfort, but it was her sadness -- who was she to burden Flynn with that? Although she tried to stop them, her lips trembled, gemstone orbs filling with unshed tears.

But she couldn't hide from Flynn. He took her by the hand and drew her toward himself, and when she looked up into his face he had a smile warmer than the sun.

"What's wrong?" he asked. "You look so sad!"

She tried to smile, to show him that she was happy there, with him, but her cotton candy lips would not obey her.
"I'm sorry," she lamented softly, ducking her head. His fingers, calloused but gentle, tipped her chin up.

"Don't be!" he ejected worriedly, warm spheres searching out her own. "I don't ever want you to be sad! I know, I'll tell you a joke! A dragon rider, a mage, and a bird all walk into this bar..."

"Please," Silver breathed. She shook her head violently, sending her hair whipping back in forth in the sea breeze. "No jokes. I can't take it. You're so kind to me and so good and I ... and I..." She turned away as the tears came anew, spilling like pearls over her cheeks. Flynn was quiet for a moment. His arms circled around her and she let herself lean back against his strong, lean chest. She always felt safest when she was with him.

"I don't want there to be anything between us," Flynn said softly. "I love you, Silver Oaks."

"Oh, Sweetpea," she sighed adoringly. She turned in his arms and caught his face between her delicate hands. For a long moment, all they did was gaze into each other's eyes, each filled to the brim with emotions unspoken, deeper than the ocean all around them.
After a few moments, they found themselves walking down the beach again. Something rose to the front of Silver Oaks's mind -- something she had been trying to beat back all this time. It was so special to her to be with Flynn, and she didn't want to pass that time making them both feel horrible. But it just wouldn't leave her alone.

With concern, Flynn turned his fiery depths toward her. "Silver? What's wrong?"

"Flynn... it's..."

And at that moment everything came together, all of the magic and the hurt that had been building that day, and he locked his orbs with hers and whispered, "You can tell me."

It was like a floodgate burst, or some barrier of fear had been struck down. Silver shook her head and everything came out at once. "I... I keep remembering it.... That day. Flynn, I can't help myself! I don't want to think about it... it hurts, Flynn. But even when I sleep, it comes back to me in my dreams. I can't forget, not for a moment.... Not a moment's peace."
Flynn listened silently and solemnly. At last, when all the words had left her and she was at a loss for words, he reached out to her and took a deep breath to whisper back, "Silver... that's awful. I wish that weren't how it is. I wish I could say more. Silver, Starshine...." Silver's eyes began to burn, and she abruptly pulled him into a fierce embrace. His windows to his soul widened at first, but then he too felt overwhelmed by emotion and succumbed to the warmth of her touch.

"You," Silver whispered, her breath hot on his ear. "As long as you're here, I'll be alright." They held each other as tears trickled down cheeks and dripped onto the shifting sands to be carried away into the sea. With time and soothing embraces, their pain dissipated into a mist swept out by the ocean breeze and into the setting sun. They basked in each other's quiet companionship for a few moments.

"Look... it's sunset."

Silver lifted her head at Flynn's words to behold the dying sun's salmon radiance. "How beautiful."

After a moment of silence, he asked, "Do you think we'll be together forever?"

"I think we'll be forever," Silver murmured in response.

He kissed her head. "Then as long as you and I will it to be, it will be. Even forever."

Silver sighed with contentment and brought him closer. She gazed at the beautiful blonde rays of the falling sun, thinking about everything that had transpired on this day and all that would pass between them.

"I love you, Flynn."

"I love you too, Silver."

Their lips met, and ashen strands met tawny ones, aflame in the dying light. The sand was their witness and the rumbling ocean their approving audience, and Flynn, her eternally faithful lover. Silver thought to herself that nothing could be more perfect in the world.
 

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
SilverOaks
SilverOaks
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
27 Feb, 2020
Words
1,150
Read Time
5 mins
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
1,466

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.