Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Anemoia
Anemoia

Anemoia

ApurboSameen Abrar

I remember.
I remember the sunny afternoons. The heat of the sun. Shades of trees like botches of black paint on a white canvas. Cicadas buzzing together. I remember it all. All of it, including her. Sitting beside me. Her arms wrapped around mine, her head against mine. The cool breeze running through my hair. I remember looking at her. Her eyes, blue as the ocean, quenched my thirst with the freshness of the ocean. Her soft words filled my ears.
Yes, I remember it all.
All the moments we spent together. All the times we stayed up past midnight, talking about anything that came to mind. With her, I felt the actual freedom. The freedom that wars had promised, love delivered. I was broken. I had lost pieces of myself. She gave those broken pieces back to me. She fixed me. To her, I was a kintsugi, that my cracks and seams make me who I am.
But just as life is the birth of death, fixing is the birth of being breakable again. A mirror, broken, can be fixed. It can also be broken again. Only this time, it becomes harder to fix.
And that is what she did. She broke me again. Now she sits among stars and moves with the wind. All while I stand on the ground, watching.
Watching and realizing my life’s greatest mistake. The mistake of not reaching out when she was in reach. Not telling while she still talked. I was left, alone, broken, shivering in the cold wind.
But then again, she was never really mine. There stood a distance between us. Always. She never knew me. But I have always known her.
All it ever was, was anemoia.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Apurbo
Sameen Abrar
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
19 Jul, 2021
Words
288
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
707

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.