Please register or login to continue

Register Login

At Least She's Happy
At Least She's Happy

At Least She's Happy

Dari-the-bookwormDari Poulson

I almost regretted answering my phone. It was elven thirty pm, and Cleo was still talking.

“- and I told her not to worry about it but she won't listen.”

“ Cleo, we need to sleep, I have a long day at work to-”

“So I had to get a ride with Alex since my car broke down.”

My heart pace quickened. I had tried to convince myself that I was over Alex, that I was moving on. But I couldn't deny that I still had feelings for him.

“I thought his brother wrecked his car.” I said, trying to disguise the giddiness that came with talking about Alex with lowkey curiosity.

“He did so his mom drives him places because she doesn't trust him with her car,” she said as if it wasn't important. “Anyway, Alex told me to sit in the front with his mom and she started asking me questions. and suddenly I couldn't stop talking.”

I laughed. “You can never stop talking Cleo, you must have scared his mom to death.”

Cleo made a half laughing half snorting sound. “ I hope not. Well, she looked in the rearview mirror and looked at Alex and said: So this is the girl you can't stop talking about. and he turned bright red and I turned bright red and Ella, I realized I like Alex!”

My heart dropped. I had known for a long time that Alex had a little crush on Cleo, all boys did, but I didn't realize that It was way more than little and that Cleo felt the same way.

I felt like someone had stabbed me in the heart with ice.

“Ella, I know you used to have a crush on Alex, but that's over now, right?”

I tried to clear my head. “Um, that's silly Cleo, why would I still have a crush on him?” I wanted to cry.

Cleo squealed with delight. “Good! I would have felt really bad! Oh my gosh, Ella!”

I felt broken inside. But at least Cleo was happy.

“One sec,“ Cleo said. There was a silence and I knew she was checking her email.

“Cleo?” I asked after she squealed again.

“ELLA IM GOING ON A DATE AFTER WORK TOMORROW!”

“Already?” I asked trying not to feel jealous.

“YES! Alex is taking me to that movie I wanted to see!!!”

I could hardly breathe. I had talked to Alex for at least five months, and then Cleo talks to him once and gets a date. I was heartbroken.

“Congrats! I have to go, Cleo! See you!” and I ended the call.

I can't tell you how long I laid in bed thinking about Alex and me, and how I had given up that dream up for Cleo.

If I told her how I really felt she would have started working her magic and somehow would have gotten Alex to go on a date with me and I would have been happy. But Cleo wouldn't. She would be secretly crushed and I didn't want that.

So I left it at that. I was heartbroken and sad but she would be happy.

Author Notes: Haha, what am I doing??? I sorry, I sware I will try to write something happy next. But as you can tell I am a master when it comes to sad stuff so you might (will) see more stuff like this. Sorry!!!

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Dari-the-bookworm
Dari Poulson
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
18 Mar, 2019
Genre
Type
Words
522
Read Time
2 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
1,022

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.