Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Back in Time

Back in Time

By Lilith_Garnet

“And the winner is…,” there was a dramatic pause in the man’s voice. Everyone was sitting on the edge of their set ready to see who won the award. The award was a trip to the future, but of course, I didn’t really care for this. I knew I was never going to win, I only entered because I had nothing better to do. As I sat there with my legs crossed and leaning back in my chair I was listening to the others yell, and I just sat there. I knew I wasn’t going to win, but then the man was about to say who won. He stuck his hand into an envelope that was given to him by a woman in a black and red dress. Then he finally spoke once more. “The winner is Luka Anderson,” he yelled my name, but I didn’t get up. I sat still until he said my name again, but this time with question his voice. I thought of many things, I didn’t want to go up. Then I stood up. I didn’t have any control over what I was physically doing. I raised my hand. I never thought I would be chosen for something like this. Then the woman in the long black and red looked at me. She walked my way, I was thinking that she was going to someone else. She grabbed my hand and dragged me to the stage. “We found her,” the man said with the microphone. “How do you feel about winning a once in a lifetime trip back in time?” Everyone had their eyes on me. Then the room temperature started to rise. Then I looked like a strawberry from how red my face was. “Are you okay?” said the woman who brought me to the stage. I shook my head, then I bolted off the stage. I tried to leave thinking that they would choose someone else.

Then I arrived home, made Raman, then ate it. I got in the bath afterward, I thought about life. Then I went to bed, but couldn’t sleep. I layed there, my eyes open with my thought everywhere. It was midnight, I hear three loud knocks on my front door. I got up. I didn’t know who it was, I opened a small crack in the door then asked with confusion in my voice, “who is it?” There was no answer, so I opened the door and looked out. Then all went black. I couldn’t breathe, was I asleep? I don’t remember going back to bed.

Two hours passed, then I woke up. I was in a box or something. I don’t know where I was or what I was in. Then I heard a sound, I stood up with my legs shaking. The room was dark I could see anything or even the figure of something. I took my hand and felt around for a wall. I fell many times, but then I found one, it was cold. I felt around for a door and after looking for what seemed like forever, I found one. I tripped over something on the ground. Then I got back up, I started to run. I tried to get out of there as fast as I could. Then I looked at where I was. There was blood everywhere, swords on the ground. When I looked to my left I was about to pass out from what was there. A body just laying there with many stab wounds in the chest. This didn’t look like the same era I was in before. I fell to my knees, tears running down my face. I didn’t know what else to do. This couldn’t have happened in the two hours I was gone, could it? Then I heard a loud noise, a horse, but I stayed still. Still, on my knees, tears running down my face. The noise of the horse got closer and closer. Then you could hear a man's voice. The sounds of screams keep growing louder and louder. Then when I could see the man and his horse. I saw his sword swing. Everything went black and I didn’t hear or smell anything. This is the end of my story.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Lilith_Garnet
Lilith_Garnet
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
21 May, 2018
Words
708
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
929

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.