Please register or login to continue

Register Login

BANG
BANG
Unlisted

BANG

1 Review

BANG

I jumped out of my seat with panic. I had only heard that sound in movies. Many others were standing up, quietly whispering to each other. Our teacher rushed from her desk and slammed the door shut, locking it. Turning off the lights she started ushering us into the big space between the wall and a big closet full of instruments.

BANG BANG

More gunshots. A scream. I felt someone grab my hand. I squeezed their hand trying to give them comfort.

BANG

This shot was much closer. I held my breath. Our teacher quietly hushed any idiots who were still talking. I reached into the pencil bag that I always had with me wishing I had something I could use to attack the shooter with. Minutes past. Suddenly the quiet broken by the sound of someone crying. Someone right outside our classroom was pleading with the shooter.

"Please don't do this, we can help you-"

BANG

The pleading was cut short. There were a couple of horrified, muffled screams from some of my classmates. There was a long moment of silence that seemed to last forever. Someone started banging on our door. I could hear the door crack under the pressure.

BANG BANG BANG

The shooter gave up and shoot at the door lock. The door slowly creaked open and I felt tears run down my cheeks. It was over. The shooter walked into the room towards our poor hiding spot. Suddenly a girl I was sitting next to stood up. She ran from our little corner and tackled the shooter catching him off guard. I scream for her to come back.

BANG

The shooter shot her in the shoulder but she kept fighting. She nocked the gun out of the shooter's hand and was able to retrieve it and shot him in the chest.

BANG

There were screams and cries, but I just sat there shocked.

...

It's been two weeks since that happened. Both the shooter and the girl who attacked him died. About ten people died that day. I haven't spoken to anyone since it happened. I barely eat too. I don't know how to recover from this.

Wherever I go all I can hear is BANG BANG

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
2 Oct, 2019
Words
372
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
2 (View)
Rating
4.0 (1 review)
Views
863
More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.