Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Benny and Barney and the Case of the Missing Paycheck
Benny and Barney and the Case of the Missing Paycheck

Benny and Barney and the Case of the Missing Paycheck

Jacob23805Jacob23805

Benny and Barney

The case of the missing money

It was a typical afternoon at Benny’s house. Then suddenly, he hears his mom in the kitchen on the phone with Mrs. Mason, who is a local neighbor. She lost a paycheck.

A paycheck is a paper check you get when you work at a place. She lost it, so Mrs. Mason couldn’t get her money. The paycheck was crucial.

They had to get on the case immediately. Benny and Barney leave the house ASAP, race out the front door, and get on the hunt. They head down the street to Mrs. Mason’s house to question her.

They get there, and they ask her the questions. “I left the store with it, and when I got home, it was gone,” she said. They knew immediately where they had to go. “You ready, Barney?” asked Benny, and they took off again.

They reach the store and start their search. Barney sniffs out the parking lot, and benny searches the trash cans. After no luck, they go into the store. “NO DOGS ALLOWED!” Barks the owner.

Barney takes himself out, and Benny asks the store owner if anybody has turned in a paycheck. The owner says that nobody has turned it in, so they leave the store. As a last-ditch effort, barney AND benny search out the parking lot and finally find it!

It was found lying in a storm drain entrance. They sprint home to return the lost check, and Mrs. Mason gives them a ten-dollar reward and a bottle of water. See, the moral of the story is when you don’t give up, it can pay off, so don’t give up and keep your head up when it gets complicated. And that was the story of Benny and Barney’s adventure of the lost check.

Author Notes: Let me know how I did as I am a new Writer, and if people like them, I want to turn them into books. Thanks and God bless

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Jacob23805
Jacob23805
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
2 Mar, 2022
Words
303
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
577

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.