Please register or login to continue

Register Login

BEYOND the EARTH
BEYOND the EARTH

BEYOND the EARTH

herculeshercules

In the middle of the twenty first century, a young man called Robert, decided to go into outer space.

Robert built a spacecraft, shaped like the sphere from First men in the Moon. The craft was powered by a strange crystal.

So Robert left the Earth, never to return.

To begin with, he orbited the Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars, before heading for the outer Solar system.

The power of the crystal allowed the vehicle to go at tremendous speeds.

Once beyond the asteroid belt, Robert orbited Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto.

Finally, he went beyond the Khyber belt and into deep space, beyond the Solar System.

Robert’s next aim was to visit the star constellations of Orion, Sirius, Andromeda and the Pleiades.

So that’s what he did.

Robert went from one constellation to the next.

Along the way, he visited a number of planets and moons, inhabited by civilizations. Some were human, others humanoid animals and insects and the rest, entirely different.

A planet orbiting Sirius B was home to a highly advanced civilisation of humanoid canines.

There was plenty of wildlife on those planets, including birds, wild cats, whales, dolphins and dinosaurs.

For good measure, Robert sampled alien food, which came in the form of fruit and vegetables, unknown to Earth.

After exploring those star constellations, Robert went off at the speed of light to explore other areas of the Milky Way. And explored he did, to a very great extent.

While out there, he visited a multitude of worlds, inhabited by more civilizations than one could count. Many of them were human.

There were forest worlds, jungle worlds, desert worlds, swamp worlds, ocean worlds, snow and ice worlds, volcanic worlds and many other kinds.

None of them were devoid of life.

One world was covered over in a global city – rather like Coruscant.

There were barren worlds – deserted on the surface, but inhabited below ground in mighty cavern systems.

So that’s how it was.

Robert went from one world to the next, without settling down.

At one point he went to a world where he gained immortality.

From that moment on, he was free to explore the Cosmos for Eternity.

Author Notes: I'll be writing about some of the planets Robert visits in more detail at some point.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
hercules
hercules
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
13 Sep, 2022
Words
364
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
488

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.