Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Bruises

Bruises

By Sherry Smithson - 1 Review

Girl: It was midnight. She cried on the floor of her bedroom with blood running down her legs and arms. In her hand was a knife with dried blood. It was almost impossible to live for her. Her parents treated her like trash, her friends never cared. It was all a nightmare.

The next day, it was time to go to school. She went downstairs and faked that smile on her face. She went to school on the bus, realizing that she was going to have to find leggings for P.E. There were so many cuts.

"Hey, how are you?" her best friend asked.

"I'm fine," she said with a huge smile on her face. Know one knew, and that is how it was supposed to be.

Boy: There she was, walking down the hallway with all of her friends. Her smile was so beautiful, but he could sense the sadness behind it, all the guilt, pain, and sadness. Her eyes were so gorgeous, and they said so much about her. But no one really looked into them except for him, because he loved her. She always wore hoodies and full-leg pants. He decided to talk to her.

"Hi," he said.

"Hi," she responded. He didn't know what to say, and he just fist-bumped her. She laughed and walked away smiling back at him.

Valentine's Day was coming up. He was going to do something great for her. He wanted to be the best he could.

Girl: He was so sweet and so shy. He was one of the only things that made her happy, but it was time to go home.

"What is this, a 65 on your math test!" her mom exclaimed as she came through the door.

"I'm so sorry, I tried my best!" she exclaimed. The pressure was overwhelming. Her mind and depression were attacking her. Her dad came home. The next thing she knew, she was being beaten by a stick and was constantly hearing the words "you are not worth it"! Bruises were all over her face.

It was the next day of school, and she still faked her smile.

"I fell down," she responded to everyone who asked about her bruises.

Boy: He saw her face. It was covered in bruises. She looked like she was in a lot of pain. Was she being abused? Did I need to tell someone?

Girl: She couldn't do it anymore. She went home and went straight to her room. She took the rope she bought at the store a while ago and tied a noose. She tied the other end of the rope onto the hook in the ceiling. She put her head through. She was going to miss him.

Boy: It was Valentine's Day. He put the note in her locker, but she never showed up that day. He thought it was just her being sick.

Several days had passed, and her best friend came into the room crying. I went up to her to ask what happened.

She said that her best friend had commit suicide three days ago, and she just got the news. He tried to play it off, he tried to show pity for the best friend. No one was going to know that he loved her.

The school day was over, and he went to his house. He went to his room and collapsed on the floor. He yelled, he mourned for the girl he loved. He could have saved her, he could have warned someone, he could have helped her. He banged his fist on the floor over and over again until there were bruises.......

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
178261
Sherry Smithson
About This Story
Audience
15+
Posted
11 Feb, 2020
Words
606
Read Time
3 mins
Favorites
0
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
4.0 (1 review)
Views
1,244

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.