Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Caroline Smith - Fragment 1
Caroline Smith - Fragment 1

Caroline Smith - Fragment 1

Rosa_0023Despicable_Moi

THE INTERROGATION

(FRAGMENT 1)

May 4th, 2020, 12:45 p.m.

Case #: 128.678.31--001

OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTION OF POLICE INTERVIEW

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

--START PAGE 1--

INVESTIGATOR: Sorry to keep you waiting so long, Mrs. Willis. I’m Detective Brighton Newman, and this is Detective Edmund Briar. For the record, today is May 4 at 12:45 p.m. This interview is being recorded. Please state your full name, date of birth, and occupation for the record.

MRS. WILLIS: Annabeth Alivia Willis. Date of birth, September 23, 1964. And what was the third thing?

INVESTIGATOR: Occupation.

MRS. WILLIS: Oh, right. I’m an anesthesiologist at the local hospital.

INVESTIGATOR: Alright. We’d like to ask you a few questions, Mrs. Willis.

MRS. WILLIS: Should I have a lawyer present?

INVESTIGATOR: You have a right to an attorney at any time. We just have some questions. The sooner we have your statement, the sooner we can get this over with.

MRS. WILLIS: Okay. What do you want to know?

INVESTIGATOR: Let’s start at the beginning. Tell us how you and the Smiths first became involved.

MRS. WILLIS: The Smiths have been my neighbors for almost fourteen years now. We moved into the neighborhood at around the same time--I think it was sometime in the summer.

INVESTIGATOR: Did the Smiths ever act suspicious? Did they ever look as if they could be partaking in dangerous activity.

MRS. WILLIS: Dangerous? Of course not. They were always so kind, and easy to get along with. Why? Are they okay?

INVESTIGATOR: I’m afraid we cannot discuss that until we’ve taken your statement.

MRS. WILLIS: They’re safe though, correct? Can you tell me at least that much?

INVESTIGATOR: I can’t. But the sooner you cooperate, the sooner we can get all of this sorted out. Did the Smiths ever act differently? Think hard on this.

MRS. WILLIS: Well, they did start acting out of character around the beginning of January.

INVESTIGATOR: Please continue.

MRS. WILLIS: They acted as if they were worried about something, and looked somewhat weary when I saw them. I’ve only ever seen them act that way one other time.

INVESTIGATOR: And when was that other time?

MRS. WILLIS: Around the time when they first moved here. I could understand though; it was right after the disappearance of their daughter, Caroline.

INVESTIGATOR: I’ve read that case. Sadly unsolved. We never did find out what really happened to her.

MRS. WILLIS: Really? I thought the Smiths had told you…

INVESTIGATOR: Told us what exactly?

MRS. WILLIS: Caroline returned early January.

Author Notes: The start of a mystery! Find out what exactly happened to Caroline...
Much Love! <3

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Rosa_0023
Despicable_Moi
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
4 May, 2020
Words
409
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
811

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.