Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Cat Fight
Cat Fight

Cat Fight

Rosa_0023Despicable_Moi

“No one will be able to recognize ya, when I’m done with you,” Mazy snarled, showing her teeth in a threatening manner.

“Really? All these shenanigans for a stolen lunch?” Tessa teased back.

A large crowd had been brought to watch the fight, for as most thought, a fight without a crowd wasn’t a real fight at all. With all the witnesses present, Mazy and Tessa circled each other in the large field.

“You’d better watch yourself, Tessa,” Mazy spoke as her pupils dilated. “This isn’t the first time this has happened.”

“Pish posh,” Tessa answered with a sly grin. “Just because you're a little grumpy doesn’t mean you have to drag me into this.”

“Hurry up and get ‘er!” Henri shouted from the crowd lines. Barely a year old, and he already assumed he had a say in these fights. “I’m ready to get back home, so finish up your riff-raff and let’s get on with our nine lives.”

Ignoring Henri, the two went on with their verbal disputes.

“First I see ya loitering on my lawn, then I catch ya using my scratching post, and now you’ve eaten my lunch yet again! I have no more patience left for ya!” Mazy hollered.

“Mazy, dearest,” Tessa started, sitting down to look evenly at Mazy, who was slightly shorter than her, “Stop being such a gray sprinkle on a rainbow cupcake.” Tessa finished, referring to Mazy’s dark, gray fur color in contrast to her bright yellow.

Ticked off, Mazy’s claws curled in. “My apologies, sweet Tessa,” she said with a killer’s calm. “I forgot the world revolves around ya. You’re more disappointing than soggy tuna fish.”

“Hold still, darling, I’m trying to imagine you with personality.”

“Hurry up!” Henri shouted again. He was met with several mutters of agreement.

“Someday you’ll go far, Tessa, and I hope you stay there,” Mazy snapped, pupils dilating further.

“Sorry, could you say that again?” asked Tessa, standing up again. “Your lips were moving, but all I heard was ‘Blah, blah, blah’.”

“Go!” shouted Henri.

Mazy rolled her eyes, “Your insults are as dry as my food bowl.”

“Shame they’re not insults”, Tessa answered plainly. “They’re descriptions.”

“Go!” Henri shouted again.

Tessa went on, “If you keep rolling your eyes, you might eventually find a brain.”

With a yawn, Mazy answered, “Keep talking, I always yawn when I’m interested.”

“GO!!!”

“Can it, Henri!” Mazy and Tessa shouted together. There was a moment of silence before the two started their bickering again.

The two fought with words for a while longer, until the course of the fight was changed with one line.

“Don’t you know that jealousy is a disease, Lazy Mazy?” Tessa asked.

There were several gasps within the crowd. By now, Henri was in the front, eager to see what would happen next. Every cat in the neighborhood knew the consequences of even whispering that nickname around Mazy.

“What did you call me?” Mazy asked, filled with rage.

“I called you La-zy Ma-zy!!!” Tessa shouted, announcing each syllable of the name.

“You’re gonna regret that,” Mazy told her. Mazy’s eyes were completely dilated now, and her thick, dark fur was pricked up in a way that looked like a porcupine.

In a sing-song manner, Tessa shouted, “Lazymazylazymazylazymazylazyma--”

Tessa was cut off as Mazy swung at her with a paw.

Claws were brought out, and the fight finally began.

Author Notes: I dunno what really sparked this idea, but I hope you enjoyed this story anyway! :D

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Rosa_0023
Despicable_Moi
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
6 Apr, 2020
Genre
Type
Words
565
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
1,076

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.