Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Caught by the Net
Caught by the Net

Caught by the Net

DanielopteraDanieloptera

I love going on holidays and once in a while I go with Sue. She loves her holidays too, but with her it is a military procedure of organizing everything to the utmost detail. This time, we decided to visit the Isle of Wight. We found a great hotel and later on we booked the ferry.
During our planning we thought to see if it was possible to use an English bus pass. I said to Sue, “when we get there we can ask,” and I left it at that. However, Sue looked on some websites and found out that it was not possible.
We left one early morning to catch the ferry and with her Sat Nav it was easy to find. We arrived, checked in, drove on the ferry, parked as indicated and then went up to enjoy the short trip with its spectacular views. Sue went to get us some coffees while I relaxed and chatted to a fellow passenger. I just thought to ask, “Have you ever used your bus pass on the Island?”.
“Yes”, she said, “a few times.”
Sue came back and I happily told her that we could use our bus passes on the island. She looked at me in disbelief and admitted that she had left hers at home.
Once we were on the island, we found the bus information office and they confirmed that we could use our English bus passes. Sue bought a seven-day Freedom ticket to save some money and I was able to use my English Bus pass.
Towards the end I would tease her by saying, “Have you got your money’s worth?”
The moral of this story is: Do not believe everything you read on the internet!
(Happened before the pandemic started.)
 

Author Notes: There is a moral to this story.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Danieloptera
Danieloptera
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
3 Jan, 2021
Words
295
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
605

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.