Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Cheers

Cheers

By TheForgotten

"Guess what?" She asks with excitement, I stare at one of my best friends whom I've fallen in love with. "I'm getting engaged to Smith!"

"That's great, I'm happy for you" Smith is my best friend, I want to break something. "Hey I've gotta go."

I sit in the bar sipping my tenth beer with bitterness. I take a couple of shots, still not satisfied with the buzz. The liquor burns as it goes down. But I like the pain. Suddenly everything seems funny, and extremely fuzzy. I hold up a shot glass.

"Cheers to loving someone who doesn't love you." I down the shot before grabbing another glass "Cheers to your best friend marrying the person you love" another shot "Cheers to being unwanted" another "Cheers to being worthless." Someone tells the bartender to cut me off. They mention calling 911.

I wake up in the hospital. My head feels like someone set off a nuclear explosion inside my skull. I look over to see her sitting beside the bed.

"I heard what you said last night." She looks at me "Was that true?" I rub my eyes.

"Most of it." I pause "What happened?"

"You had to get your stomach pumped." Her eyes seem unusually red and puffy.

"Are you okay?" I ask with concern.

"Smith called off the engagement." I wish I could say I was sincerely sad about that. She's not going to marry my best friend. Cheers to that.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
TheForgotten
TheForgotten
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
23 Apr, 2016
Words
243
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
0
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
1,201

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.