Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Confusing Love-Part Six-Rewrite
Confusing Love-Part Six-Rewrite

Confusing Love-Part Six-Rewrite

BookNerd123Black Sheep

(James' Pov.)

I clench my fists tight, breathing in and out over and over. "Hey,I didn't meant to upset you,I am sorry." Atlas' voice says from the doorway to the local Gym locker rooms. He shuts the door behind him. "What is wrong?" I tether myself to his voice, letting the smoothe calming soud of it bring me back. "Nothing,I am fine." I respond, controlling my emotions. "No you aren't." He says, ina an exasperated voice. "You aren't okay; you have extreme anger issues, you are beaten, and you are here all the time. You don't even have a life." He says and the sad part is he is right.

"I have everything under control." I reply, gathering my things into my gym bag. "We really should be getting back, to study and all." I change the subject but he want drop it. When I turn around he is standing mere inches from me,"why don't you like me standing close to you? Scared you might catch something," the last part isn't a question just a statement. I chuckle,"that isn't it." He raises an eyebrow and moves closer.

"Really?" His voice is cold, closed off. I press myself up against the wall. He moves closer, to where we are chest to chest. I swallow, my breath becoming shallow. My arms curl into fists,"what are you going to do hit me?" He laughs, like it is some kind of joke and everything in me about snaps. My arms resisting the urge to reach up and pull him even closer. He steps back and the feeling is gone.

"You are gay." It isn't a question, he knows. I don't have to nod or give any indication of a response, I don't need to because he knows. "How about we get out of here and go get something to eat and study?" I nod, in total agreement with everything he says. Watching as his mouth forms the words.

__________>>___________<<___________>>_____________<<___________>>__________<<_______________>>____<<

Atlas' car smells of lemon zest. I am greatful when he turns into the siner, the air in the car was becoming suffocating with all the tension. He probabky wants an explanantion, I don't have one to give him. "Grab your books." He says and steps out, arms full of his own books, and he walks towards the diner. He doesn't wait but walks right on in. I scramble to catch up and when I do a blonde waitress is practically fawning over him.

I wrap my arm around him and pull him closer,"is there a promblem?" He stares up at me, shaking his head. "Can my boyfriend and I get a table?" He stares dumbfounded up at me, mouth slightly open. I smile down at him and push it closed,"come on." I steer him in the direction the waitress is taking us.

"What can I get you two to drink?" She questions, eyes pointed down at her notepad. Ears slightly pink. "Two strawberry milkshakes,"she nods and walks off. Atlas' leans over the table,"what the hell was that?" He doesn't sound angry but amused. I chuckle,"me getting you out of an uncomfortable situation." He nods, not taking his eyes off of me. "Okay."

I reach over and interlock our fingers, just as the waitress bring our milkshakes. "What can I get you to eat?" I look at him and he nods telling me to go ahead, face slightly pink. "Two cheeseburgers and two large fries, thank you." She nods and walks away, once more. He eyes out hands, I run my thumb over his thin bony fingers. He just watches as I do so and then suddenly snatches his hand away, tucking it safely beneath the table.

I ignore it and sip at my milkshake. He sips at his, getting a little bit of whipped cream on his nose. "You are so adorable," I say and wipe it away with my thumb, licking it away. He stares at me,"don't flirt with me." It is meant to sound strong but his voice shakes slightly, I try not to laugh. "Page 22." He says and turns to said page in a large leather bound book.

Just as he is beginning to read out loud, she appears with our food. I sigh, happy for the distraction, and begin to eat hungrily. He dips a fry into his shake and I cannot help but pull a disgusted face. "What?" He asks, turning the page. "That is nasty." He tilts his head,"have you tried it?" I sake my head, he dips a fry into his milkshake, and holds it out to me. Waiting. I reluctantly take it into my mouth and am pleasantly surprised by the delicious tase.

"Good." I say and he nods, continuing to read alond and munch down on his fries.

Author Notes: Sorry for the wait, hope you enjoy.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
BookNerd123
Black Sheep
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
19 May, 2021
Words
330
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
444

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.