Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Confusing Love- Part Three-Rewrite
Confusing Love- Part Three-Rewrite

Confusing Love- Part Three-Rewrite

BookNerd123Black Sheep

(Atlas's pov.)

I sit at the back table, blocked by a tall bookcase. Just as I am about to give up on James he thunders into the library, all the while being shushed, I try not to laugh. "Don't laugh at me." He whines, taking the seat beside me. I scoot back, moving a little ways away from him and I have to give him credit because he pretends not to notice.

"I am sorry for being late." He begins to pull things out of his bag. The smell of sweat, mixed in with smoke and alchohal is not pleasant. I scrunch my nose and he stares at me, looking sad. "Sorry, I couldn't catch a shower because I was already so late." I nod, feeling guilty.

He moves his chair back away from me and I pretend not to notice. I talk him through problem after problem until my eyes sting, my hands cramp, and my stomach complians in hunger. "I think we should pick up here tomorrow." He nods, beginning to pack his things up. "Here," he passes over a bottle of water and plastic wrapped sandwich. "I am not hungry," it is an abcious lie. I shove it back over to him,"me either." He groans,"I didn't poison it or anything."

I roll my eyes,"you seem like the type to." He slams his hands down on the table, the bottle falls, and he closes his eyes tight. "You don't know anything about me." It comes out as a growl. He looks like an animal; green eyes staring wide, lips open in a sneer, blonde hair sticking up in at all angles, hands clenched, and muscels tight. He looks scared, he looks broken, and hopeless.

I place my hand over his, heart beating in my ears. "I know. Calm down, it is okay. Calm down," He stares at me, chest rising and falling in deep huffs. I unclench his hands only to see that his fingernails have dug half-moon cuts in them, the blood spilling over. He blinks at it, unsurprised. I wonder how often this happens.

"Let me help," he doesn't say anything but lets me lead him to the bathroom and rinse his hands and wrap them in my jacket. "Why don't you come over and let me bandage them." He shakes his head and I pull away fro him. Letting go and detaching myself from the broken boy.

"I will be fine." He says the words I know to be a lie, my mom used to say them too. I shake my head and sigh. I cannot let him go back there. "Please," he stares at me. "Why do you care?" I laugh, shaking my head. "Why don't you?" He sneers,"why should I?" I walk over and grab him by the collor of his shirt, pulling him down so he has to meet my eyes.

"You are coming with me." He nods and grabs his stuff at the last moment turning back and grabbing mine too.

Author Notes: Sorry for the wait, hope you enjoy.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
BookNerd123
Black Sheep
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
22 Apr, 2021
Words
504
Read Time
2 mins
Favorites
0
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
424

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.