Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Date Night
Date Night

Date Night

SilverOaksSilverOaks

Promt

Two people have met on Match.com. They have only been chatting online. They decide to meet for dinner. Both of them have not had any luck with previous dates. This might be the "big one"! Setting: A high-end restaurant in the city. They are nervous, yet hopeful. Here is what happens.........

This is the chat that lead to the date

Person A: Hey

Person B: Hey

A: So I want to meet you in person

B: OK… Like on a date?

A: Sure I guess

B: You paying?

A: Yes

A: Where at?

B: Rooftop on 23 and main

A: Ok what time and date?

B: Does 7:30 pm on saturday work?

A: Yep works for me. Do you want to meet me there?

B: Sure

A: Ok see you there

Date Night (My writing)

I took 3 deep breaths trying to calm down. I was in a cab headed towards one of the finest places in New York City to go on my first date with a person I had never met, no reason to be nervous right? Wrong! What if she didn't like my dress or my hair or how I eat or… Deep breaths, Kala, I said in my head. The taxi pulled up and I paid the driver and got out. “Ok you can do this!” I said to myself under my breath. I walked up to the doors. Doors that were 2 times my size and made of beautiful glass and gold. A footman opens the door for me. I walk in from the slightly chilly night to an amazing forer with red and gold carpet and a huge chandelier. I walk over to the reception desk.

A girl around the age of 18 or 19 greets me, “Hi, Welcome to la Rooftop fine dining and hotel, how may I help you?”

“Hi, where would I find the Rooftop dining room?” I asked.

She smiled, “Just go in the elevator and press the button for the 90th floor and you’ll be there.” I gave her a grateful smile and went to the elevator. A bellhop smiled at me and called the elevator. I smiled back and when it arrived thanked him and got in.

“What floor Madam?” The doorman asked.

“90th please.”

“Of course.” The doors shut and he pushed the button and the elevator started up. The whole back of the elevator was a mirror so I made sure I still looked nice. I had on a knee length lavender dress made out of a flowing material that looks like water. Around the waist were small yellow butterflies with yellow gems for bodies. My chestnut colored hair was up in a swirl bun with a small piece free by my face and curled. I had a small orchid tucked in the bun and small yellow diamonds sprinkled in my hair. I had light makeup on and a simple silver owl necklace. I had on light yellow flats with silver toes. After making sure that I looked ok I turned back around and watched the numbers go up up up.

*Ding*

The elevator doors opened and I walked out into a small waiting area with another receptionist. She looked at me and smiled, “How may I help you?”

“Um I’m supposed to have a reservation for two under the name Alice Rosse”

The woman made a few clicks on her computer and looked back at me still smiling. “Of course, right this way.”

I followed her to a small alcove with a table set for two and another person sitting with their back towards me. Suddenly they turn, having heard us coming. The woman sitting there was beautiful. She had long black hair with emerald green eyes. Full pink lips and slightly tan skin. She was wearing a mid-calf vibrant red dress with small green emeralds scattered around the waistline. She gave me the most beautiful smile and all my nervous feelings faded and I knew it was going to be ok.

5 months and 49 dates later. Alice and I are going to be married in two weeks and I am the happiest person alive.

Author Notes: <3 Im back!

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
SilverOaks
SilverOaks
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
5 Jun, 2022
Genre
Words
685
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
561

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.