Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Demonic Uprising

Demonic Uprising

By Optimism101 - 2 Reviews

A long time ago, there was a single kingdom. The single kingdom lived next to the forces of darkness. These forces contained a great evil that would cause the destruction of the world. Then one day, they did.

“RUN! Get away from here!” I dashed towards the edge of the cliff. It was still ways away, but I needed to be there.

“Why the hell are we telling them to run away from what we are running to?” My partner dashed next to me.

“We have a goal. We should be able to stop it.” I panted a bit but kept up my speed.

“Well then why are we telling everyone to leave?” He slowed down a bit, but gave himself an extra push.

“Because we might kill everyone.” I gave myself a burst and ran even faster. My partner had to stop and catch his breath.

“WHAT?!” I heard him yell behind me, but I didn’t stop.

I arrived at the edge, and I saw exactly what I expected and what I most feared. Everything was in chaos.

Demons the flooded the area, and torched and destroyed everything in sight. I noted only two types, serpents and soldiers. The serpents were huge winged snakes that swooped down to breath their fire upon the ground or to take bites out of buildings. The soldiers were large winged humanoids, with large curved blades. They stormed through the towns and completely wrecked them.

“How are we supposed to do anything?” My partner panted as he came up to a stop next to me. “We don’t.” I stood there, and dropped my sword.

“It fell to the ground, reflecting light that sprayed across all the troops. It hit the ground with a clang. Everything turned.

“IF YOU WISH TO FIGHT THE TRUE HERO OF THIS LAND, YOU FIGHT ME!” I yelled out to all the demons. They swirled around in excitement and came up to meet me. They all hovered in front of me, creating a very large mob of demons in front of a cliff.

“What the hell are you doing?” My partner whispered in my ear. The demons still tracked me.

“Just trust me on this one. Get to the bottom of the cliff.” I whispered back. He gave me a startled look and skidded down the side. The demons didn’t care.

“Who is the best of you that wishes to meet death?” I yelled out among the horde. They were restless, but then one demon soldier stepped forward. And he was huge.

“Heh, is this all you got? I barely even have to use my powers to GET MY SWORD BACK UP HERE!” I yelled out loudly. I heard a large grunt and my sword barely made it over the cliff and landed slightly behind the demon I was supposed to fight.

“Close enough.” I dashed after him. He smiled a large smile and raised his sword up. He slashed down just as I sidestepped, jumped onto his shoulder, pushed off, and skidded to a stop next to my sword. I hastily grabbed it. The demon looked startled, but recovered. He was still huge and a threat, but at least I had a sword now.

“Do you think that one pathetic mortal can stop Terror?” I couldn’t tell if he was talking about himself in third person or not. It didn’t matter. He charged at me shoulder first, with intent to kill. The bigger they are, the easier it is to predict. I jumped upon top of his head, wrapped my legs around his neck, and thrust my sword downwards, straight into his brain. He gurgled a bit before he fell dead.

“Does anyone else wish to try their might against me?!” I yelled out once more as I hopped away from the newly dead demon. They jumped back a bit, in midair. Would it still be jumping back? It doesn’t matter, they cowered.

“If you do not back off I will hunt down every single one of you and personally make sure you never see the light of day again.” I tried to be as menacing as possible.

“What about the ones who can’t be out during the day?” I head a small voice from the bottom of the cliff.

“I will kill them too.” I said, stomping forward. The demons flinched.

“LEAVE!” I yelled. The demons fled. That should be the last of them.

“Phew, that was pretty easy.” I turned, but then remembered my partner was at the bottom of a cliff.

“Can I get some help down here?” I barely heard his voice, but skidded down the side of the cliff to get him.

“How did you know that scaring them off would work?” He asked.

“I didn’t. I used blind luck.” I replied.

“That’s complete bullshit.” He said back in disbelief.

“It worked, didn’t it?” I asked.

“Well I guess.” He begrudgingly replied.

"So what do we do now?" He asked as the demons flew off.

"We wait." I said, and sat down.

"Wait for what?" He asked.

"For the townsfolk to give us money for saving them." I closed my eyes.

And once again, the day is saved, thanks to, two guys and a sword.

Author Notes: I don't know anymore. My thought process for any story is "What if this happened?", or I just start writing and call it good. Tell me what you think!

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
TheValhallan
Optimism101
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
4 Mar, 2019
Words
871
Read Time
4 mins
Rating
4.5 (2 reviews)
Views
1,114

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.