Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Don't Go
Don't Go

Don't Go

Dari-the-bookwormDari Poulson
1 Review

I answered my phone as I walked into my room. My boyfriend was calling me, which made me surprised since his school lasted an hour longer than mine.

"Hello Josh, shouldn't you be in class?"

"Hey, um I had to say goodbye." His voice was shaky and my heart started beating loudly.

"Josh, what do you mean?"

"You know that really big cliff at the wildlife park?"

Then I realized what was going on. "Josh are you there?"

"Yes."

"Josh- walk away from the edge."

"I need to go Katie."

"No, Josh, what the matter? we can fix it! You and me! We can fix-"

"Kaite, please let me do this."

I ran out of my room and to the garage as Josh said that.

"No!" I yelled as I grabbed my mom's keys and climbed into her car. "I still need you!"

I raised the garage door and I heard Josh sigh. I speed out of the driveway and nearly ran over a couple of cars as I sped in the direction of the wildlife park outside of town.

Josh was quiet for a little bit and then he let out a small chuckle. "Goodbye Kaite." I felt tears come to my eyes.

"Josh-" and the call ended.

I pulled to the side of the road and felt my heart drop. I stared at the dashboard. No. No. Please. No. This wasn't happening. My hands shook violently but I managed to keep my phone to my ear.

"Josh wh-why did you hang up?"

No answer. The call was over. He couldn't answer.

"Josh, please answer, please. Call me back! please!"

I dialed his number and waited for a few minutes for him to answer. He didn't. I called again. Nothing. I tried one more time and I held my breath. I heard a sobbing sound as whoever was on the other side answered.

"I'm sorry! I tried to stop him! He jumped! I'm sorry!" It was a young girls voice, and I realize that Josh had killed himself in front of a young girl.

"Call the police, I'll be there." I was shocked I could say that so calmly.

The girl hung up. I started crying. Why had he done it? My heart felt like it was collapsing. I couldn't breathe. Tears ran down my face and I made loud gulping sounds as I struggled to breathe. I sat there for a long time just crying.

Finally, I got back on the road and I made my way to the wildlife park, knowing it was too late.

Police were already there with an ambulance. A girl with frizzy blonde hair was talking to a policeman tears streaming down her freckled face. She was wearing shorts and an exercise shirt and there was a big bag sitting on the ground next to her. there was another girl with red hair and startling blue eyes next to her, she was also crying. They both looked like freshmen.

I recognized the blonde's voice as the girl on the phone and ran up to hug her. The girl was surprised but hugged me back. when we pulled away she wouldn't look me in the eye.

"You're the one on the phone." She said wiping away her tears. I nodded. The policeman finished talking with the girls and then turned to me. I told him about the call and my relation to him. After the policeman was done asking us questions he asked us to wait in his car.

I saw the two girls a few time after we met and eventually, we became good friends. I never stop asking myself if I was the reason that Josh left. Or who, if it wasn't me, was? I hope someday the pain will go away, but I don't think it will.

Author Notes: When I'm sad I need to write to help me feel better. Sometimes I write really happy stuff, but other times I write really sad stuff. It just depends on how sad I am.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Dari-the-bookworm
Dari Poulson
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
8 Mar, 2019
Genre
Type
Words
636
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
1,185

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.