Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Faces Reviews

5 reviews have given an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 Stars
Turnip-head
Turnip-head gave a rating of 4

The emotion was iterated clear and strong but the formatting of it as a whole made it a little painful to read. Overall a nice poem though.

1
hazel_basil
hazel basil gave a rating of 5

this was so beautiful and full of emotion...I know exactly how you feel when you help everyone else and you can't help yourself :( Great job on this! I can't wait to see more of your writings!

1
IanG
IanG gave a rating of 4

The glass metephore is a good one.

0
AaronTheRocker
AaronTheRocker gave a rating of 4

Not too shabby. Not too shabby.

For structure it is pretty good. Have the description of glass and the variations of each shattered piece in a unique and humanistic way.
I sense that it could be more concise. To get the words to stick some lines could be shortened such as an example,
"Some are bright and warm and happy
Some are alive, some are dead"

It could be,
"Some bright, warm, happy
Some alive, dead"

I think that would age well making it shorter with no filler or extra words.

To your point imaging yourself as shattered glass, along with the last two lines, it's relatable to the masses. Feeling useless ourself, but useful for others. Maybe we serve our purpose to serve others and not ourselves. Maybe we desire the want of approval from others, but tear ourselves down. Maybe we see more faith in others for the unknown compared to one's self?

See and hear it all the time. Stories of those who have fallen in despair and wretchedness in society, but still lend grace and help to those in need. It doesn't even have to be drastic. Just donating a couple of bucks when we/you are in a financial bind or volunteering at a food pantry is a difference of help.

So why help others when one's self could be or is lost?
Makes you feel good? Think good karma is on the way? Gain attention and approval? Make the world a lively place? Respect for others? Been in a similar situation?

I'm not sure. It's not for me to say. But I'm sure the individual doing such has a clearer answer.

0
Muxima
Muxima gave a rating of 5

Lovely darling I was beautiful 😊

0

Please login or register to review this story.