Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Fire Burns Without Hesitation

Fire Burns Without Hesitation

By Cookies

Red and orange flames surround me in the burned and blackened house. I live far from any other houses, so help will never arrive. I'm trapped in my home, sentenced to be burned to a crisp. Smoke blocks my airways and I choke, but this is only the beginning. The scorching flames lick the walls of my bedroom, boxing me in. There are no windows in my home.

The fire only started with a simple cigarette. The phone rang and I put my iagrette on my desk, even though there were dozens of papers littering the fine crafted wood. I did not expect any paper to catch fire and send my entire home ablaze. But it did, and now I am huddled in the corner of my room, waiting for death. Soon I can't breathe, the smoke invades my lungs. Soon, scalding heat is starting to burn my skin, causing more pain than anyone would believe if they weren't experiencing it themselves. Soon, my vision went blurry and dark from the excruciating pain. Soon, I was almost dead, crying quietly, welcoming death to come faster.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Cookies
Cookies
About This Story
Audience
PG
Posted
18 Dec, 2010
Genre
Type
Words
185
Read Time
<1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
3,312

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.