Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Foreigner
Foreigner

Foreigner

melissakmelissak
1 Review

The world isn’t always as peaceful as it seems. That’s why as you grow older your view changes and you begin to rot. The once ‘happy’ world a child dreams turns to some twisted nightmare everyone wants to escape. No one understands why this happens to us, but they know it happens.

Shamantia was a 2nd grader who thought the world loved her and everything was amazing, but one day she found her parents killed in a drive-by. Reality hit her all at once and she became this empty shell. The teachers deemed her as worthless cause she stopped trying to learn and her classmates ignored her empty gaze.

While Shamantia was awakened by her family’s death, a boy named Jakunzai was different. He lived two clicks east of Shamantia. When Jakunzai was born he was put into the system because his single-mother didn’t want him. He knew the world's cruelty the moment he was placed into a foster home. Every day another family hit him. No one cared to report abuse on a foster kid, so he just bounced from place to place in pain. Just like Shamantia, Jakunzai felt empty.

As I looked down on the world I saw more die and even more fall to pieces, so I sent down Jusinquen Habriousnu to help. At first, I wanted to help the world, but I knew my ambitions were too great for one man. I knew this, but by sending another man on a mission we don’t know will work is wasteful, so instead I sent only Jusinquen.

“If you can prosper and heal this world you will be rewarded, but if you fail you may never return,” I warned.

“I shall succeed.”

As he set off I monitored him. He landed in a deserted area, and sent the ship back. He morphed into a dog near Jakunzai’s house. Jusinquen just sat there waiting to be noticed, but it failed. Jakunzai ignored the dog. This went on for thirteen months and thirty seven homes.

“Why are you following me,” Jakunzai asked Jusinquen.

“I’ve been sent on a mission to save this world.”

“You talk?!”

“Indeed”

Jakunzai’s once blank and empty face turned to shock in an instant. I thought the mission was succeeding, but it wasn’t as easy as I hoped. The boy might be shocked now, but in the conditions he lived in there was no saving his soul. With the places we’d seen during the mission I think the whole crew understood that.

The boy was experiencing something besides pain, so we thought our success was guaranteed and sent Grentarian Brontarkin out to Samantia. She took the form of a maine coon and followed Shamantia home. Shamantia didn’t notice her ‘til she meowed. When she turned around Grentarian walked up and rubbed against her leg. She froze. Was it fear, excitement, or maybe loss? I couldn’t tell what expression she had on, but it was so strange I can’t describe it.

“G-go away,” Shamantia said, not moving a muscle. Grentarian just kept being a friendly cat waiting for her to make a move. This continued for a few minutes before the cat finally stopped and tilted her head at Shamantia. The girl didn’t know what to do, she’d stood for so long her legs caved in and she collapsed. Grentarian was worried and went to her, the girl was crying. Those tears she held in where finally let down and her burdens became a little easier, and it was all because of Grentarian the maine coon.

Was the mission a success? Did we do it? The answer’s no. As we grew just a little excitement from our mission something unexpected happened. The girl sitting with the cat, she had tears in her eyes and she was finally letting her emotions out, but the world they lived in wouldn’t allow her to last long. She was quickly taken care of by a drunk driver who swerved to the sidewalk she sat crying at. The truck never tried to miss, didn’t even give a warning before Shamantia was gone. Dead and in pieces on the road.

Everyone was shocked, yet we still had hope. For there was still Jakunzai, but wait, is that a rope? He had been through so much in all these years, but not even Jusinquen could save him here. Look through the window, peak through the door, the closet is open, but he is no more. Rope around his neck and tears in his eyes, that young boy said his goodbyes. That was it, the mission had failed. Do you see, cruel world, what you’ve done to these kids? Their gone and what became of it? Now sit there staring at those empty human eyes while we watch you as you become empty inside. We can’t save you, no that’s not possible. You must first save yourself and those whose empty eyes you see. Because now we’re all just a dim memory.

Author Notes: Sorry it kinda sad, but I needed to get a point across. It had me tearing up at the end too.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
melissak
melissak
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
7 Dec, 2020
Words
828
Read Time
4 mins
Favorites
0
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
4.0 (1 review)
Views
1,161

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.