Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Forest
Forest

Forest

triangletriangle

The rainstorm is cold. The only sound is wind whipping in my ears, freezing them so bad that they burn. My hands are limp and numb. I can not see anything except the shaking leaves, so green this time of year, and the rain.

Ever since I was young, I came into the Forest when it rained. As the years blur by, I get more addicted to the feeling of numbness and cold helplessness.

My eyes hurt from opening, so I close them. I can barely breathe because there is so much rain in the air. I feel like I'm drowning, so I stop trying to force air through my lungs. I lay down. I can feel the leaves sticking to my face. The last thing I remember is the water pelting on my face, cold and hard as cement.

I wake up later to a slight breeze and a soft drizzle. I let the wind blow me back and forth, mindlessly. My whole body is shaking, so I don't try to get up. The sun is shining through the Forest. I hear the birds singing to me, but it sounds more real than it ever has before. I wait until the drizzle stops before I try to move. I can still feel water drip into my hair from the leaves on the maple tree above me. I look up, daring to use my eyes, and I see a red bird staring at me.

Go back home, it says.

But I would rather just die here with the trees and birds and rain and-

You're going home

I'm crazy- birds don't talk or think! They can't, that's not how it works!

I think about it, but before I know it, my legs have carried me home. I'm laying in my bed, but I don't feel safe or warm. The Forest feels better than anything I know. But do I really know anything at all? I close my eyes. I want to go back to the Forest.

No! I don't want to go back to the Forest. But I need to.

I'm in the Forest again. This time it's thundering. I want to die, so I will. No matter what some little red bird or my counterparts say!

Author Notes: ** I wrote this in 6th grade- a long time ago!

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
triangle
triangle
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
5 Jan, 2018
Words
377
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
1,643

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.