Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Full Moon over Twentynine Palms
Full Moon over Twentynine Palms

Full Moon over Twentynine Palms

JPYoungJPYoung

Excerpts from the Military Police Company 1st Marine Division (FMF) logbook, Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms, sometime in 1984.

2250 hours

I, Sgt T.J. BOWMAN, take over from Sgt. A.J. BAUTISTA as watch commander and acting PROVOST MARSHAL. Three mobile units, MIKE PAPA ALPHA (Cpl. C.R. EVANS, PFC D.C. FONTANA), MIKE PAPA BRAVO (L/Cpl R.A. CRUZ, PFC P.C. WITKOWSKI) MIKE PAPA CHARLIE (L/Cpl H.R. MILLER, L/Cpl L.R. JOHNSON) and L/Cpl J.A. GILBERT assistant watch commander present and begin watch. Full moon, clear visibility.

2315 hours

2Lt DELETED, Officer of the Day, 1/5th Marines visits PROVOST MARSHALL's office to inquire whether any Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) have been sighted. Inspection of the log book enables a negative response. 2Lt DELETED responds that though he is new to his battalion, he has a TOP SECRET security clearance and expects the PROVOST MARSHAL to confide in him. 2Lt DELETED explains he has been informed by his platoon that there is ABOVE TOP SECRET extraterrestrial activity at Twentynine Palms, but his platoon informed him that any further information was above his pay grade. Respond again that no UFO activity has been reported. 2LT DELETED asks what type of security clearance the PROVOST MARSHAL has, L/Cpl GILBERT responds that the PROVOST MARSHAL has a TIP TOP SECRET clearance and no more information may be given on the subject of UFOs. 2Lt DELETED returns to his rounds.

2330 hours

MIKE PAPA ALPHA reports two members of HMH-361, PFC K.B. CLEMENTS and PFC A.R. MARELLI have had their utility uniforms stolen when they were out running. CLEMENTS and MARELLI explain that they run at night due to the heat of the day, and they always run in their underwear rather than PT gear.

0005 hours

WATCH COMMANDER makes vehicular inspection of area, nothing to report.

0015 hours.

MIKE PAPA BRAVO brings in PFC C.J. TOMLINSON and PVT. R.S. GOMEZ both of C/1/5 who were discovered near a fuel depot carrying a torch. Rather than a portable battery operated light device, the torch is a large piece of wood with a petrol soaked rag tied on the end.

0035 hours

2Lt DELETED, Officer of the Day, 1/5th Marines visits PROVOST MARSHALL's office and takes custody of PFC C.J. TOMLINSON and PVT. R.S. GOMEZ.

0045 hours

MIKE PAPA ALPHA reports two cans of silver paint are missing from HMH-361 stores. Alleged theft was discovered when Sgt. M.L. GONZALES, Duty NCO HMH-361 heard noises of entry and footsteps, but did not see who did the theft. Two cans of silver paint and two buckets were the only items taken.

0100 hours

WATCH COMMANDER makes vehicular inspection of area, nothing to report.

0130 hours

MIKE PAPA CHARLIE returns to PROVOST MARSHAL for break and engage in a heated argument on whether a person can survive purely on minimum wage. I inform them I had done so before enlisting in the Marine Corps, but it was difficult. L/Cpl JOHNSON calls Sgt. BOWMAN a liar, L/Cpl MILLER retorted that the WATCH COMMANDER was not a liar, but instead L/Cpl JOHNSON was a liar. L/Cpl JOHNSON responded to L/Cpl MILLER that he was a liar, L/Cpl JOHNSON responds that L/Cpl MILLER is a liar and so is his mother. L/Cpl MILLER responded that L/Cpl JOHNSON's 'mama' is a liar, L/Cpl JOHNSON threatens extreme bodily harm to L/Cpl MILLER. L/Cpl MILLER apologises as does L/Cpl JOHNSON.

0210 hours

WATCH COMMANDER makes vehicular inspection of area, joins up with MIKE PAPA BRAVO to break up party with alcoholic beverages and fighting in 1/5 Marines area. Beat the shit out of five grunts with nightsticks Quell difficulty, bring L/Cpl B.C. DAVIS, L/Cpl M.D. BARRY, PFC J.W. DONOVAN, PFC K.D. FLUELLEN and PFC R.K. SAUNDERS to aid station and place them under charges.

0315 hours

2Lt DELETED, Officer of the Day, 1/5th Marines comes to PROVOST MARSHAL to take custody of L/Cpl B.C. DAVIS, L/Cpl M.D. BARRY, PFC J.W. DONOVAN, PFC K.D. FLUELLEN and PFC R.K. SAUNDERS. 2Lt DELETED reports he has heard a variety of strange noises and again questions any UFO activity in the area. PROVOST MARSHAL responds that no UFO activity has been reported.

0345 hours

Receive message for PROVOST MARSHALL to report to Alpha Company 1/5 Marines for unknown reason.

0350 hours

Arrive at A/1/5. Duty NCO S/Sgt R.K. CHESTERTON displays L/Cpl JOHNSON and L/Cpl MILLER restrained in their own handcuffs. S/Sgt R.K. CHESTERTON reports he witnessed L/Cpl JOHNSON and L/Cpl MILLER in a loud argument that woke up many A/1/5 Marines who heard the pair accusing each other of being a liar. S/Sgt R.K. CHESTERTON witnessed L/Cpl JOHNSON engaging in fisticuffs with L/Cpl MILLER and called for several A/1/5 Marines to assist him. L/Cpl JOHNSON reached for his baton, L/Cpl MILLER took the axe off their vehicle, L/Cpl JOHNSON reached for his pistol before several A/1/5 Marines restrained them. S/Sgt R.K. CHESTERTON reported L/Cpl JOHNSON and L/Cpl MILLER repeatedly accidently tripped and fell on hard sand that caused extensive bruising and bleeding. Take custody of L/Cpl JOHNSON and L/Cpl MILLER.

0410 hours

Hear machine gun fire. Respond to the sound of gunfire with L/Cpl JOHNSON and L/Cpl MILLER. 2Lt DELETED, Officer of the Day, 1/5th Marines reports engaging an alien spacecraft with an M-60 machinegun mounted on one of the 1/5 jeeps. 2Lt DELETED was able to obtain several belts of 7.62 ammunition in his position as Officer of the Day. No evidence of any alien spacecraft was sighted. 2Lt DELETED insists he scored several hits on the spacecraft.

0430 hours

Have L/Cpl JOHNSON trade places with PFC D.C. FONTANA and to report to the PROVOST MARSHAL and Military Police company commander with myself and L/Cpl MILLER at 0900.

0445 hours.

A visibly shaken 2Lt DELETED, Officer of the Day, 1/5th Marines reports to the PROVOST MARSHAL tent that he has been chased and physically beaten by "many" hostile silver extraterrestrial beings. 2 Lt DELETED had minor bruising and had bits of silver paint on him. 2 Lt DELETED described the beings as having being all silver and wore silver helmets. The only noise he heard from them sounded like muffled laughing. 2 Lt DELETED reported that he avoided abduction to another world by outrunning the beings, though they took his Officer of the Day armband.

Despatch all units to look for silver humanoids 2 Lt DELETED reports to aid station to examine his injuries and whether he is radioactive.

0530 hours

MIKE PAPA ALPHA brings in an Officer of the Day O.O.D. armband, two pair of utility uniforms painted silver and two buckets with holes cut in them that have been painted silver that they discovered abandoned on the sand. Stencilled names inside the silver painted utilities reveal the names of PFC K.B. CLEMENTS and PFC A.R. MARELLI of HMH-361.

0545 hours

MIKE PAPA BRAVO bring in a bullet riddled plastic laundry bag attached to a wooden frame with candles that possibly was used as a fire balloon.

0615 hours

PROVOST MARSHAL Captain S.G. SOPER comes in with Lt. Col. A.R. WILLARD, officer commanding 1/5 Marines. Logbook turned over to the PROVOST MARSHAL, who orders all Military Police to not discuss the activities of the night with anyone except Lt. Col. A.R. WILLARD and Captain S.G. SOPER under any circumstances.

0700 hours

I, Sgt T.J. BOWMAN, relinquish watch commander and acting PROVOST MARSHAL position to Sgt. F.A. SULLIVAN.

FIN

Author Notes: I am the author of three Extra Dimensional/Ultraterrestial military science fiction novels MERCENARY EXOTIQUE, OPERATION CHUPACABRA and WORK IN OTHER WORLDS FROM YOUR OWN HOME! as well as two travel books THE MAN FROM WAUKEGAN and TWO AUSTRALIANS IN SCOTLAND (all from Lulu.com). I live happily ever after with my wife in paradise (coastal Kiama, NSW Australia).

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
JPYoung
JPYoung
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
2 Aug, 2021
Words
1,283
Read Time
6 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
610

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.