Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Future Unknown Part 3
Future Unknown Part 3

Future Unknown Part 3

Adalyne5Adalyne5

“Can you believe it?” Mamma said after the room cleared out and it was just us. “You passed out right in front of the King!”

“Mamma I can’t be a mother. I am not worthy. And I don’t want to spend the rest of days with Cal being his house wife.” I said choking on every word still trying to process my situation.

“Oh nonsense.” She said patting my head with a cold cloth. “I know you have always been different than most girls, but this is an opportunity you just can’t pass.”

“Mamma I won’t do it.” I said more sternly and got up and dressed.

I left the house and ran to the woods. I had to duck past community members and swerve around oncoming traffic without being recognized. I needed time to myself. I need to figure out my plan.

Through the woods, I walked the path that I had learned from repetition. The woods was always my safe place. I could breathe out here and be me without the city watching my every move.

I walked past the willows by the creek, the birches winding down the trail and finally the big maple standing tall. Up in the maple, stood a small fort only recognizable by a trained eye. My trained eye. I climbed up the branches I used as foot pedals and reached the secret door in no time. I swung the door open and was startled to find Pit sitting inside. He looked at me with his understanding eyes and from somewhere from deep inside me I let out every drop of tears I had.

He swooped me up in the tightest bear hug imaginable and patted my head to calm me.

“I know. I know. We’re gonna figure it out.” He said as he rocked my sobbing head.

I gathered myself enough to get out “Why are you here? How’d you know”?

He quickly spoke with his eyes again. “I knew you’d need space to think and I wanted to help you. I know this is not what you want and that nobody was going to understand that.”

I picked my head up and without even thinking I pressed by lips to his and I didn’t stop, but neither did he. When I realized what I had done, I quickly pulled back and felt my face get red hot.

What did I just do? I can’t believe I did that. I ruined our friendship.

I finally forced myself to look at him. He was blushing. That was a new look on him. But it wasn’t a bad one.

He smiled at me when he caught my eyes on him. “Hey, don’t worry. It’s ok. Let’s figure out what to do about your new found love Cal.” He shot me a smirk.

Oh man what have I done. I think I might really like this guy.

Author Notes: Part 3!! What's going to happen? Tell me what you think? :)

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Adalyne5
Adalyne5
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
11 Jun, 2020
Words
482
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
780

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.