Please register or login to continue

Register Login

GALACTIC DREAM
GALACTIC DREAM

GALACTIC DREAM

herculeshercules

One dark, silent Winters evening, a boy called Max was out in his back garden, gazing at a sea of stars.

At that very moment, he wished no more than to be travelling out among the stars in a cruiser, visiting other planets, seeing alien lifeforms.

Suddenly, his father came out and told him to go to bed.

Reluctantly, he did as he was told.

As soon as Max was asleep, he had a most adventurous dream – a dream, which any child would envy.

In his dream, he travelled to several planets beyond the Solar System, in an X-Wing fighter.

The first planet, which Max went to, was a volcanic one. As he flew over the surface, he saw lava falls, lava rivers, lava lakes and immense volcanoes erupting – sending mushrooms of smoke miles into the leaden sky.

The next world, which Max visited, was totally different. Instead of fire, lava and smoke, there was snow and ice.

Snow fell, glaciers snaked their way through valleys and mighty, twisted peaks with sheer slopes and jagged ridges towered into the blue sky.

The lower regions painted a different picture. There were foothills clad in Himalayan-like trees, masses of rhododendrons, lakes, rivers surging through deep gorges and what appeared to be Sherpa-like settlements.

Small dots could be seen moving about in the settlements.

Eagles, falcons, buzzards and other raptors were gliding, or swooping about.

Clouds were everywhere too.

The third planet, which Max visited, was a jungle one – like the Amazon rainforest in fact.

As he flew over the surface, he saw several large lakes with unknown lifeforms drinking from them, clearings inhabited by olive-skinned tribes living in wigwams and Inca-like ruins built by some lost civilization.

Unknown birds were flying in a pale pink sky.

The fourth planet, which Max went to, was a water world. Mountainous waves rose hundreds of feet, thunder rolled, lightning flashed and rain fell eternally.

A thick blanket of grey clouds covered the entire world.

The next planet, which Max visited, was a desert one – bearing a striking resemblance to Tatooine.

There were open flat regions, dunes, canyons, mesas, moisture farms, settlements of mud inhabited by unknown aliens, nomadic desert tribes and spaceports.

After visiting the desert planet, Max went to a barren world with rocky red terrain and a red atmosphere.

Like the desert world, it had canyons, mesas, dunes, and flat expanses.

There were dried up lakes, dried up river beds, dried up oceans, cave openings and mountains.

Not a single sign of life was to be seen.

However, there were things, which looked right out of place – things like temples, pyramids, plazas and abandoned settlements.

The seventh planet, which Max visited, resembled Coruscant. In other words, it was a world-wide settlement.

There were mushroom-shaped structures, buildings shaped like salt and pepper pots, tall thin structures, domes and many other kinds.

Smoke rose up from factories into the atmosphere and spaceports covered immense expanses.

Levitation trains were snaking this way and that, speeders were going back and forth along air traffic lanes at different altitudes and spaceships were taking off from platforms, attached to buildings and vice versa.

After Max left the city world, the dream ended.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
hercules
hercules
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
25 Mar, 2023
Words
533
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
1,693

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.