Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Green Bin One Reviews

3 reviews have given an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 Stars
bufordwm
bufordwm gave a rating of 4

I liked this story a lot. You accomplished a lot within the space of 900 words. I would like to read more of your work and see what you can do in other formats.

0
Nathan M Green
Nathan M Green Thank you burfordwm for taking the time to read and comment. I'm pleased you enjoyed the story. I will post some longer stories and hope you'll find them equally entertaining.
Author -
mtburr
Michael T Burr gave a rating of 4

Green Bin One is a fun short-short story (<1,000 words)! Thanks for contributing it.
I enjoyed the protagonist's perspective on the world ... he's like a more realistic version of Spaceman Spiff from Calvin & Hobbes.
My one complaint is that the first couple of paragraphs are exposition, which makes it a little slower to get into than if the opening showed us real-time action. Moreover, the opening confused me a little and I had to go back and read it a couple of times to comprehend the tongue-in-cheek aspect.
I noticed a few grammatical issues (outside of the intentional misunderstood words), but nothing really serious. It's well written and fun to read! Thanks again!

0
Nathan M Green
Nathan M Green Thank you Michael for reading and taking the time to provide constructive feedback. I understand what you mean about exposition, I am guilty of doing it quite often when I write the very short pieces. I would appreciate if you would let me know a couple of the grammatical issues as I'm always keen to learn how I can improve.

I'm pleased you enjoyed the story, it was fun to write. :-)
Author -
apemann
Andy (Formerly Apemann) gave a rating of 5

Oh JOY!

At last, a contribution that actually ticks all the boxes it promises to. Thank you!

I enjoyed your slightly warped and tongue-in-cheek humour in the story and the contemporary references (which our overseas cousins may not connect with...) Above all, though, you made me SMILE, and that doesn't happen very often with most of what I read here...

I'm very much looking forward to many more of your stories. Can I nominate myself as your No. 1 fan already??? :-)

0
Nathan M Green
Nathan M Green Thank you Andy for taking the time to read and comment. I'm glad you liked the story and it made you smile. :-)
Author -

Please login or register to review this story.