Please register or login to continue

Register Login

handmaid’s tale final draft

handmaid’s tale final draft

By sophiaayana

Sophia Moxley

Ms. Meyers

English 12B

24 March 2022

Handmaid’s Tale Final Draft

Character name: Thrya - Ty-Ra

 

It was a warm sunny day when I first visited Gilead. I didn’t know anyone; being an outcast felt odd. My name is Thyra, I’m from New England, but not from here. I met this lovely lady named Moira, I don’t know, he had this uplifting smile that brings peace. The situation that brings me is that I’m looking for a place to start a new life in; I was poor, but somehow I managed to get my life together, I just need a little help. Therefore I need to talk to June and Serena. “Hello,” says Moira - “ what brings you here today?” I look at her with my eyes settled with a nice smile…I think I’m hooked; “Oh!...uhh I was just wondering if you know a lady named Serena, but I’m looking for her and this other lady named June. Do you know them by any chance?”. Moira looks at me with a questioned look, but didn’t let that get a hold of her, instead she showed a smile. “Yes, of course, do you want me to take you to her?”, I looked at her with ease and politely nod my head.

It seems as though some are wondering why I’m mainly looking for Serena is because she is my long lost sister, I’m not ready to publicly say that because what if she doesn’t accept me for who I am… how I am around Moira should be calm because I don’t know what it is, but I am pulled by her for some odd reason, but this isn’t about me and how I am somewhat getting along with Moira, this is about my sister that I never knew I had. We have the same mother except, I was with her and she passed, while Serena was with her father. I don’t think that Serena knew about our mother, but I’m sure she was curious about it growing up.

Serena’s POV:

Sitting on my bed looking out at the window watching children play and be so innocent, day 89 of not finding my mother, Eve. I heard she was a sweet nice lady but was taken by some people that she end up leaving with, as I heard before the war happened; it's always hard for me, not knowing how to grow up with a mother mentally. Of course, there were women figures to help me out, but I never grew that bond where I can easily say I have a role model, but I know how to fend for myself and take care of myself. I get up and leave my room as my maid tells me that I have a visitor here with Moira, In my head, I’m thinking “What does Moira have up her sleeve now?”, I open the door, and she stands a young lady, dark blonde hair, but skin glows as the sun hits, smile so welcoming it felt like I was the one walking in her home, eyes so settle as if she knew who I was. “Hello, you look lovely this morning.” she says - looking at her and looking at Moira with a smile, Moira budges her, “Oh! Forgive me, my name is Thyra.” I nod my head with a grin and hold her hand “that is a beautiful name, welcome.”

Thyra’s POV:

Everything was fine when I walked into her home, surprised t everything I saw, I didn’t have this growing up so I felt somewhat envied with Serena, but I felt greeted. We sat at the table where they served us breakfast, Serena sat across from me while Moira sat in the middle on the end-

“So what brings you here today love.” she says with a welcoming smile; I look down in nervousness as my hand were sweating, “Oh nothing, I just wanted to see why everyone spoke so fond of you, I really wanted to meet you.” - Moira looked at me suspiciously and put her head down when Serena looked towards her, she smirks while chuckling “well I’m open arms, but I do have to say, I feel like you have a secret that involves me, and I feel like I know but at the same time I don’t.” she looks at me with her head tilting as if she’s trying to figure me out. “Well…” I said, “I’m looking for someone that goes by the name bubs as a nickname? I don’t know, my mother used to have this journal before she-”, Serena looked at me in in confusion with worry as if she knew something. - not finished

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
sophiaayana
sophiaayana
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
30 Mar, 2022
Words
782
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
321

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.