Please register or login to continue

Register Login

He Stood Alone
He Stood Alone
Unlisted

He Stood Alone

FriendthebluesheepFriend

He stood alone.

The best way to describe where he was was nothing. He stood in nothing, on nothing. Just nothing as far as the eye could see.

He looked around himself. Surely there was a way out, he had to get-

He had to get somewhere. Though he couldn't remember where.

He couldn't remember much of anything.

He looked at his hands. Familiar colorful sleeves covered his palms, only fingers with colorful painted nails showing. He knew he really liked this jacket, though he would never be able to say why.

He stepped forward and instantly there was a loud crack sound underneath his shoe. He stepped back and noticed something lay there at his feet.

He crouched down and fingered the now broken white and gold porcelain. Even though it was broken he knew it was a party mask. It would have only gone over one eye and reached down to the top of the wearer's jaw.

Tears bubbled up in his eyes.

He didn't know why but he felt upset. This mask belonged to somebody. Somebody important. Somebody who was gone for good.

Warmth. A gentle grip. A golden gaze.

He stepped away from the mask.

That person had always reminded him of someone else.

A soft chuckle. A soft kiss. Gentle words.

He wiped away the tears that had escaped his eyes with a sleeve of the jacket he wore.

He missed them. He missed them so dearly but at the same time, he had no idea who he was trying to remember.

Soft feathers. A nervous voice. A tight grip.

He smiled as a warm feeling filled him. He loved them, though he couldn't seem to remember who they even were.

Then it was all gone.

He once again stood completely alone in nothing, on nothing, with nothing as far as the eyes could see besides an unfamiliar pile of broken porcelain at his feet.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Friendthebluesheep
Friend
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
29 Sep, 2021
Words
320
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
0
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
644

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.