Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Help Pt.2
Help   Pt.2

Help Pt.2

MyBreathMyBreath

I make my way out of the room. The place smelled like cinnamon and sweets. I swear I got lost like five times in this house trying to find the stairs that lead to the kitchen. Why does he have so many stairs anyway?

-Hey sleepy head..

-Don’t even start. I got lost in your house like six times and climbed up and down different stairs to finally find the ones that get to the kitchen.

-Oh yeah thats what I forgot to tell you.

-I’m not in the mood. Hand me the pancakes and leave me alone.

-Ok ms.pancake.

I hadn’t noticed his light blue eyes until now. They glistened in the morning sunlight through the greyish tinted windows. I look around and realize that this place was actually really clean and kind of had a warm welcome look to it. And he seemed to almost blend in with the house. He looked like some normal guy (who wasn’t a cop) that just was hanging out with a friend. He looked calm and collected. Unlike me, or at least I think so.

-Are you not hungry? You seem to be staring at something..

I dropped my head and stared at the glass table. I could see my knee bouncing underneath. I could feel the man's eyes on me, but he stayed silent. The glass formed little bubbles on top and I unconsciously began to cry. Before he can figure out that I was crying I take a small bite out of a pancake. The sweet syrup and batter seemed to melt in my mouth. Did he say he tried just for me? Has he never made pancakes before? I don’t believe that statement.

-Thank you..

-Hmm?

-Thanks for making me breakfast..

-Anytime.

By the time I finished with breakfast the man had left. Which makes sense; he has a job as a cop. He can’t just stay here and watch me eat all morning. And the only thing I thought about doing was immediately fall back asleep. I’ve always thought it was rude to sleep in someone else's bed without permission.. But I really didn’t care. At all. The bed squished underneath me and soon I fell fast asleep. The only noises were my proposed snoring and the animals outside.

12:36 pm

Lucius’s perspective:

The case on Zotia Duluth hasn’t been going very well so far.. But it's only the first day of investigation plus the entire night before. Everyone is sure the murderer wasn’t Annora Jade, But they all agreed to take her in for questioning later on. I don’t know why Annora would think I couldn’t see her helplessly crying earlier today but it’s better to play it off as if I didn’t see it happening. She’s got a real temper.

-Lucius! You think you could get your head out of your ass and help over here!

Nathan yells.. His bright features trying to hold back a laugh.

-Shut it Nathan

-Sorry Mr. I’m-Grumpy-For-No-Apparent-Reason!

-So sorry I’m pissing you off Nathan. Maybe you shoulda sleept more instead of fucking your girlfriend all night.

Nathan's face grows pale and looked embarrassed,

-How’d you?

-You’re still warm

I chuckle and move on to a different area. Nathan's shocked face was still petrified. Finally they let us go home for the night. I slowly made my way towards the bedroom not even thinking about where on earth Annora could be but I didn’t care.

Annoras small body lay on the edge of the bed. Her braided hair kept close to her body which showed as evidence she fell asleep like that and hasn’t moved even an inch.

Crap I totally forgot she was even here! Maybe she won’t wake up till morning and then I can get her something to eat.

But soon enough I hear Annora’s quiet voice talking in the back of my blank dreamless sleep. Her braids had fallen over her face like a curtain. The beads clinked together every time she began to speak.

-Yup.. And that’s it… Thank you~

She ends the call and by the time I’m fully sitting up,

-Who was that?

She looks at me abruptly causing the beads in her hair to cause a small orchestra to sound. (Well not really, but you get the idea)

-Oh I just ordered pizza.. Don’t worry I’m paying.

Her eyes lost mine and searched somewhere else. Her cheeks turned a bit red,

-Did you forget that you look like a supermodel without a shirt on..

She whispers, pulling me back to reality. Oops.

-Sorry..

-It’s alright.

She smiles and soon we’re watching an animal planet on the TV. I don’t know exactly why we got to that channel.

Author Notes: Um so that's part two.. Hope you enjoyed

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
MyBreath
MyBreath
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
8 Jul, 2020
Type
Words
784
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
663

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.