Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Her First Kiss; His First Love (Chpt. 12)

Her First Kiss; His First Love (Chpt. 12)

By Kat - 1 Review

Tom breathed out the cold air he had been holding in. His mind raced with the possibilities of Mindy liking this new dude - Bryan. He couldn't blame her. He was a good looking, muscular man. Tom knew that he himself wasn't scrawny, but still the Bryan-guy was a huge hit.

Tom watched Mindy carefully, trying to read her mind. Of course he couldn't. There was no such thing - as far as Tom could tell. But right now he would've given anything to know what Mindy was thinking.

Mindy looked up at him, her pretty face peering at him from behind a curtain of soft brown hair. Tom smiled giddily, but blushed when he realized that Mindy had seen it. Mentally slapping himself, Tom looked back up at where they were going.
It was a pretty simple place. The neon sign above the entrance read: Billygan's Roadhouse.

Mindy looked up at the sign, glee taking over her facial expressions. "Oh my gosh we're going here?" She hopped up and down, removing her hand from Tom's as she clapped to herself.

Tom grinned. "You like it?"

"Love it!" Mindy exclaimed, bouncing back over to Tom.

She stood on her tippy toes and gave a quick peck on Tom's check, making his stomach flutter. Blushing, Tom let Mindy drag him through the doors and to the front desk.

"Two, please," Tom told the lady, who glanced up to see them.

She nodded and led them over to a small booth, handing them menu's. "Hi, I'm Wendy and I'll be your server,"

Mindy smiled up at her, waving hello. Tom looked up at the lady. She had to be in her early thirties. Her sleek black hair was tied back in a ponytail and her pale skin was pulled tight over her cheek bones.

"Can I get you two anything to drink?"

Mindy glanced up at Tom. "I'll just have water,"

Tom looked to the waitress. "Same here,"

The waitress nodded and jotted it down on her paper, before turning on her heel and moving to the next booth.

Tom looked back to Mindy. "So.... you like this place,"

Mindy grinned. "I thought we were over that already,"

Tom let out a soft laugh. "Yeah, I guess we did,"

Tom exhaled slowly, trying to gather his thoughts. What was is about Mindy that made him so nervous? She was just another girl! Ah, but she's also pretty. And smart. Don't forget creative. And, well.... you haven't looked at a girl this way since-

"So, what are you going to have?" Mindy asked, practically drooling over the menu.

Tom laughed again, forgetting his troubling thoughts. "I don't know, are the burgers any good?"

Mindy scoffed. "Any good? Have you tried them? They're amazing!"

And she went into detail on describing every one of the burgers. Man, this girl has been here a lot, Tom thought to himself.

His stomach growled at him by the time that she had finished explaining the last burger - the one with the bacon and onions. Tom held his stomach under the table, careful not to tip his water over.

Mindy looked up at him for the first time since she started giving off the mouth watering descriptions of the meals. "Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. I probably bored you half to death,"
Tom grinned at her. "Not even a quarter!"

Mindy rolled her eyes. "What's hat supposed to mean?"

The corner of Tom's mouth lifted.

"It means you didn't bore me at all."

"Oh," Mindy replied, taking a sip of her water. "Let's play 'Would You Rather,'"

"M-Kay," Tom nodded, putting his hands on his lap. "Would you rather eat a bug or a worm?"

"Ew!" Mindy exclaimed, holding her mouth in one hand. "Um.... bug."

Tom laughed. "I would pick the same,"

Mindy smiled at him. "Would you rather lick a frozen pole or a pig's backside?"

Tom's eyes widened. "That's a head scratcher...."

"Well?" Mindy asked, anxiously waiting on the tip of the booth,

Tom shook his head. "I guess I would go with the pole,"

Mindy snorted out a laugh. "Sissy,"

Tom rolled his eyes. "You're the one that wouldn't eat a worm!"

"Neither would you!" Mindy retorted, still laughing.

Rolling his eyes again, Tom reached for his water. "Would you rather kiss a frog or a cow?"

Mindy thought for a moment. "Cow because they eat grass - not flies. I wouldn't want fly breath,"
Tom grinned. "But cows can be slobbery - and don't forget their huge tongue!"

Mindy shuddered. "You didn't say I'd be French kissing it! And besides, so do frogs. It's kind of a mucus-slobber situation,"

Tom shrugged. "In that case, I agree,"

Mindy grinned at him, and Tom smiled back. After a few moments the waitress returned, notebook at the ready.

"Can I take your orders?"

Mindy smiled. "I'll have the bacon burger, cheddar cheese, and no tomatoes, please."

The lady nodded. "No problem, and you?" She turned to Tom.

Tom studied the menu for another second. "I'll have the 'Deluxe Burger,' please,"

"And for your sides?"

Tom glanced at Mindy. "Could we share fries?"

The waitress nodded, scribbling down the orders. "That will be right up,"

Tom nodded, and as soon as the waitress was out of ear shot, he said, "Isn't it funny how they all say that the food will come out really quick when you wait about a half an hour until you get it?"

Mindy snorted. "That's great, I never thought about that,"

Tom grinned back, relaxing into the booth.

Author Notes: Hey! Thanks for reading! Please do comment and rate!
-Kate

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Kaleighishappy
Kat
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
17 Feb, 2017
Genre
Words
931
Read Time
4 mins
Rating
4.0 (1 review)
Views
1,919

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.