Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Her First Kiss; His First Love (Chpt. 20)

Her First Kiss; His First Love (Chpt. 20)

By Kat - 1 Review

Mindy gasped as she awoke. Her head was slightly throbbing, but she knew that it hurt more than she was feeling right then. Did that even make sense? Mindy shook her head and looked around her, recognizing the hospital room.

Was she really here? Did that really happen? What did happen?

Mindy blinked as she saw all of the glinting metal and plastic machines. She listened intently to the low humming and the soft beeping of the unnamed instruments, trying to calm down her breathing. She couldn't have another panic attack - she felt like she had slept enough in the past few.... days?

Was it really days? How long has she been out?

"Oh good, you're awake," a soft voice said.

Mindy recognized that voice. It was soft and kind, at a careful volume and a nice pace. Mindy grinned to herself when she recalled the moment before she fainted.

"Kathy?" Mindy asked the room.

A middle-aged woman came around from behind the machinery, smiling slightly. She looked like a mother, her hips slightly wider than most women. She had soft strawberry blonde hair that tumbled down her shoulders, almost waist length, and bounced off of her light blue scrubs when she walked.

"You remember my name?" She asked, still smiling.

Mindy nodded, returning the small gesture. "What happened?"

Kathy frowned. "We don't know. The boys wouldn't calm down enough to tell us, and you were obviously-"

"Oh my gosh! The boys! Where are they?" Mindy asked, heart racing again.

"Hey!" Kathy interrupted her panic attack. "Calm it down! They are in the waiting room. They've been there for a few hours,"

Mindy felt guilt build up in her chest. "Are they okay?"

Kathy smiled and nodded. "They are fine. Just worried. Would you mind telling me what happened? We got to your doctor, he told us about your condition. Did it get worse?"

Mindy nodded, feeling a headache starting again. She was frustrated. She couldn't remember what had happened. How did she get here in the first place?

"Hey, hey, it's okay," Kathy reminded her. "The boys will probably remember. I can ask them. Would you like them to come in?"

Mindy nodded, her eyes lighting up. She felt herself relax when she realized that Tom and Mason would be here soon. She still couldn't remember how Mason got there, but it seemed like he was worried last time she saw him.

No, she didn't really see him. Mindy heard him. He was pretty loud. And he was arguing with someone - wasn't it Tom?

Mindy's head was pounding as she remembered the argument. Were they arguing about her?

All thoughts of then vanished when she saw them enter the room. Mason grinned at her, his white teeth flashing at her. Mindy smiled back, but it grew even bigger when she saw Tom.

He looked like he had when they were back at Mindy's apartment, but his hair was messed up a lot more. Mindy smiled, it looked really cute. But then she saw the tired look in his eyes, and the relieved smile on his pale lips. He looked like he hadn't slept in days.

"Tom? Mason?" Mindy asked, holding her arms or for a hug.

Mason beat Tom to the hug, and Mindy was wrapped in the familiar scent of her brother. He smelled like soap and cinnamon, his pale blue eyes twinkling with light.

Mindy smiled, patting Mason's back. Tom looked at her over Mason's shoulder, looking slightly sad. Mindy pushed Mason off of her gently, reassuring him that she was okay.

"Tom? You okay?" Mindy asked, reaching for him.

Tom nodded, takin her hand and holding her close to him. Mindy felt a tingle of electricity when he embraced her, stroking her hair softly. Mindy grinned to herself, taking in his lovely presence.

"Don't leave me ever again," he mumbled into her ear.

"I won't," Mindy promised.

Tom stepped back, grinning. When Kathy returned, all three of them looked at her expectantly.

"Can she go yet?"

Kathy shook her head, a sad smile on her face. "She is going to have to stay here for a few weeks. We can't have her going home until she shows signs of improvement."

Mindy took a deep breath. She heard Tom and Mason talking to the nurse, but she wasn't paying very much attention to them. She felt her breath pick up. She would have to be in a room with needles, one that smelled too much like the weird hospital wipes. And she would be stuck there for a few weeks.

Mindy's breath caught as she tried to calm herself down. She was panicking again, but she couldn't stop it. It continues until she was shaking, silent tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Mindy!" She heard before she was out again.

Author Notes: Hey guys!!! So glad you are reading this! I'm also on wattpad, which makes it a lot easier to read this. (Kaleighbug24)
Anyway! I love you guys and I am so happy!!

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Kaleighishappy
Kat
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
13 Apr, 2017
Genre
Words
804
Read Time
4 mins
Favorites
0
Recommend's
2 (View)
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
2,150

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.