Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Hexagon Pt.3
Hexagon Pt.3
Unlisted

Hexagon Pt.3

MyBreathMyBreath

It’s been about a week since Martha arrived here. The snow has gotten better and so I try to spend as much time away from home as possible. I don’t have a normal excuse for why I don’t want to be home while she’s there. I just don’t want to. Mom and Dad have been trying to find the unknown lady, but so far have failed. Faith and Winter like Martha being here. And I guess it wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t feel something off about her. And the part I’m really freaking out about is she shows up on the night I’m having nightmares. And this entire week the nightmares have been the same, My mind is just replaying haunting situations. And it won’t let me go. Martha sleeps in the spare room now, because my moms still a big softy. I walk out of my room and I see Martha walking down the hallway towards the stairs. Her tight curls bounced a bit while she walked. But she looked tense as if she was still uncomfortable about being here. At least she doesn’t walk like she’s been here her entire life, like she owns the place.

“Martha, I was gonna go to a friend's place. Want to come with?” Wait, was my mouth speaking before I even thought about it? I knock on my head and mumble under my breath ‘Why are you doing this to me!’. She stops and turns to look at me. Her hair falling slightly to her shoulder.

“I don’t have a coat.” She says and turns to continue walking,

“You can borrow my hoodie..” I say not even realizing that at this point I’m full on committing myself into this situation. She looks at me confused, then she smiles.

“Ok! Let's go then!” She walks towards me and now we’re in my room grabbing one of my hoodies. “It’s a bit big on me isn’t it?” She says and laughs a bit. She looked like a doll who’d got dragged into putting on an oversized hoodie. Literally.

“Yeah just a bit too big.. Too bad I don’t have any other sizes. Will you be ok with it?” I ask. Martha squeezes herself into the hoodie. She looked cozy. Guess she’s good with it then. “Alright shall we go then.” I say fully aware that I’m probably gonna regret it later on.

I open the door to Dylan's house, I keep Martha behind me, hiding her from the eye of Jessica.

“Dominic!!!! Guess who I did today!” Jessica's high voice peers around the corner. She jumps into my arms without my consent. Martha looks at Jessica like she's crazy. She’s not wrong either.

“I don’t even want to know.”

“Whatever, I finally did Vinny!!” She exclaims and jumps back out of my arms. Me and Martha watch her do some sort of happy dance with confused faces. And right at that moment I knew Martha was probably way too young to be here. Oops.

“It wasn’t too bad..” Vinny says sitting on the couch. Martha's face immediately turns pink. Well it was more red against her skin tone. She’s being hypnotized by his voice too. Great. “Who’s the girl you brought Dom?” Vinny asks. I wince and slightly move out of the way. Martha holds on tight to the hoodie as soon as Vinny and Jessica’s focus turns to her.

“Oh my gosh! Nicky has a girlfriend!!” Jessica jumps and barrels straight towards Martha. I stop her with my arm causing her body to fall into a heap of red and black on my arm. (The red and black is her outfit) Martha looks at me looking a bit startled.

“She is not my girlfriend.. She’s just a person who ended up taking the spare room in my house.”

“So in short Dominic's Girlfriend.” Vinny says while I shake Jessica off my arm.

“So in short it means he’s a fucking asshole, who is kindly letting a compete stranger stay in his house.” Martha peeps in her face full of rage. The same burn that was there when I ended up throwing a goldfish at her. Vinny and Jessica’s faces turn to pure fear. Guess they thought she was the sweetest little thing on earth. I’m just surprised I wasn’t offended when she called me a ‘Fucking Asshole’.

“I didn’t know she had a full blown bitch side.” Vinny says, his voice higher and more sarcastic sounding. Here we go, The last time I called her a bitch it was a real big mistake.

“Guess I didn’t know I’d be talking to a retard today.. Should’ve brought a couple tissues to wipe away his shitty mouth.” Martha shoots back. Jessica begins to laugh hysterically, I look at Samantha standing in the hallway. Her face was in complete shock. Oh my god she just said that. Vinny’s mouth was wide open and he was definitely as shocked as I was.

“I don’t know if I’ve ever heard something more funnier than that come out of a little girl's mouth” Samantha says laughing with Jessica, who is now basically dying on the floor. And then Dylan comes around the corner. (Great here we go)

“She looks like fun, maybe she’d be up to doing something.. Fun?” Dylan says while he walks out of the kitchen. His huge muscles normally got all the girls but Martha’s face stayed blank and rage still burned in her eyes.

“I’ll have to decline the offer sir.” She says through gritted teeth.

“Weird.. You don’t wanna have fun with this body?” He says giving off a smolder effect. I chuckle a bit and immediately stop. Covering it with a small coughing fit.

“I want to have fun with that body of yours Dylan!” Jessica shrieks catching Martha off guard. I thought she was on the ground basically dying just a second ago.

“You always do me.. I want her.” He says grinning. Dylan gets close to Martha I begin to reach out to her but she puts up her hand. As if! You think you can handle that guy? Yeah right! But I stop and watch things unfold.

“I don’t like players.. Players or F-boys are what I call a male version of S-L-U-T” Martha says her rage is still on full blast. I can feel him calculating what she had spelled out for him and as soon as he figured it out he pretended to attack her. She doesn’t flinch. Weird.

“Dylan it might be safer if you didn’t mess with her.. She looks like she has a temper.” Milo’s voice breaks the silence. He was wearing a white T-shirt that showed his masculine arms. His hair was together and he looked handsome. Martha doesn’t look away. Probably a good thing. She knows if she lets her guard down even a little bit it increases the chance that she will get attacked.

“Shut it Milo.. She’s my catch so you better back off.” Dylan shouts he lets go of his guard and Martha immediately attacks his ankles, How’d she know that was his weak spot? Jessica yelps and so does Vinny. And immediately after the attack Milo looks at Martha confused, I feel as confused as he looks right now.

“Uh oh looks like I actually caught you.. Off guard!” She says in a smug tone. Dylan grimaces on the ground, It was almost comical. It was unreal, he was completely on the ground. She really had a sharp tongue. Which makes me wonder how well she can use it.

No sorry that didn’t sound right. It shouldn’ta came out

She stands with her hands on her hips, and has the most evil smile I have ever seen on her cute little face. I noticed that her nose was pink from the cold.

“H-how’d you do that random girl?” Milo asks, clearly freaked out. Martha looks at Milo and she seems to immediately calm down.

“You just have to watch the person really closely.. For example while he made his way out of that other room his ankles gave out and then he recovered as if nothing happened. If his ankles gave out just because of walking I can tell that that's a weaker spot. And I can reach the area.” She says as if she just said the most casual thing ever. As if we all should know this as common sense. Jessica and Samantha stare at each other and shrug. I watch them creep out of the room as if Martha was planning them as her next attack. Milo smiles at Martha.

“You’re smart for a little girl aren’t you?” Milo says and pats the top of Martha’s head. Martha looked confused by the action but let it happen.

“I mean I am 14.. So I guess I’m smart” He stops patting her head and looks at her confused.

“You’re 14? I swear you look way younger than that.”

“Nope! I’m just short as hell!” I walk closer to them when Dylan slowly makes his way to his room. Probably traumatized. I know I would be. Milo begins to laugh and then looks at me still smiling.

“How’s your mom Milo?” I ask. Martha looks between me and Milo listening in.

“She’s worse.” His face falls, “She probably won’t make it through to Monday.” “A short amount of time since it’s Saturday. But we’ll see” Milo says, tears sprang to his eyes. Martha looks at him with a sad face and hugs him.

“I’m sorry.. I’m sure that’s hard to watch.” I say slowly. Not really wondering what else I should say. He looks at Martha then at me and smiles wiping tears from his cheeks.

“It’s alright. I guess it’s just her time.” He says rubbing Martha’s back slowly while she holds onto him.

“Hey Nicky!?” Mom screams from down stairs.

“Yes mom!”

“Ask Martha if she would like to go to the BBQ tonight! We’re going to Uncle Bryants house!” I had totally forgotten about the BBQ~

I go pick something simple to wear and then head to Martha's room. When I knocked no one answered but I heard a small voice say,

“Come on! Is anyone gonna help me kill this guy!” I open the door and see Martha on the bed with her computer. Her back and the screen was facing me. I watched for a little while, her playing Minecraft. Other people were playing with her but it sounded like a bunch of girls. She was trying to kill a zombie. I just thought it was odd because I didn’t think she was a minecraft type of girl. I would have thought she was a ‘I hate video games’ type. I tap her shoulder making her jump a little, She looks at me and then looks back at the screen.

“Sorry guys I have to log off now.. Bye! Bye Rebecca!” And then she signed off and closed her computer. “Hey! What's up Dominic?” She says cheerfully.

“Mom wanted me to ask if you wanted to go to a family BBQ with us.. She seemed like she really wanted you to tag along.” I answer, grinning. She smiles at me and gets off her bed, she makes her way towards her closet with the little amount of clothes mom bought her and says,

“I’ll be ready to go when everyone else is!” And then I assume that was my cue to leave. I close the door behind me and get myself ready as well as helping Faith pick out an outfit.

I wait by the door with Faith holding my hand. And soon enough (finally) Martha comes down the stairs. She’s wearing a cute Hexagon patterned dress that went to just below her knees, Her hair was in braids and I wondered how she did that hairstyle in less than two hours. She wore huge gold hoop earrings that almost touched her shoulders. She didn’t wear much makeup except I could see a little bit of glitter on the tip of her nose as well as the shadowy area on her neck. And on Martha’s cheek was another cool looking Hexagon. I had a feeling it was a theme. But I didn’t remember my mom buying her the dress. Faith let go of my hand and looked at Martha in awe.

Faith had complimented Martha's outfit and Martha complimented Faith's skirt and denim jacket. And soon Martha’s pale brown eyes look me up and down. It wasn’t mean but it felt like some kind of scan.

“You look nice Dominic.” Martha says pulling me back into real life.

“Thanks.. You look cute. I like the dress.” She blushes a bit and smiles.

“I didn’t realize you’d look so handsome in a button up. I guess we learn something new everyday. Right?” She giggles a little causing me to blush as well.

“I didn’t know Hexagons were a thing.. I’ve gotta find something at the store.” I say sarcastically.

“Yeah.. I guess it just represents me..” She says. But something felt odd about ‘it just represents me’ it felt a bit too real. Mom and Dad enter the room looking like they were going to a royal ball. But my parents always dress way too nice for every occasion. Winter comes down the stairs about a minute later wearing a Never Say Die hoodie and some emo looking pants. But it was decent nonetheless.

“Is that hoodie what I think it is!” Martha exclaims, and Winter grins. “No way! I’ve always wanted that hoodie!!” Then she immediately tries to retain herself.

“I have so many in my closet it's crazy.. I can give you one when we get back.” Winter announces smirking. Her eyes lit up and she nodded. And soon we’re in the car heading towards Uncle Bryants house.

I look out the window and see a couple of my cousins playing basketball on the flat driveway. Martha had fallen asleep during the drive, Her braids looked uncomfortable to sleep on, but she was out cold. Faith woke her up abruptly. When we exited the car she looked as happy as can be. Her entire attitude changed from I’m tired leave me alone to I’m so super excited to be here.

“Dominic!” Uncle Bryant says when I slowly walk towards the driveway. Martha was in front of me with Faith holding her hand and leading her.

“Hey Uncle Bryant!” He comes over to me and gives me a big hug. The little kids treat Martha like she was the same age as them. But she looked like she didn’t mind. I motion for Martha to come here. She sees me and walks over to me. “This is Martha.. She’s a friend.” Uncle Bryant introduces himself to her and she does the same.

“How old are you miss Martha?” He asks. She smiles,

“I’m 14 years old! I’m just short, that's why I look younger.” Uncle Bryant smiles and then Aunt Daniela shouts for him to assist her. “He was nice.” She says and holds my hand. I was a little uncomfortable for a couple of steps but then got used to it.

We all hung out, My entire family was friendly and welcoming towards Martha and everything was going well. She was very respectful and kind to everyone around her. And then night came along. The only light came from the TV in the living room I was outside hanging out while she was in here watching the little ones play random games. She looked really happy. And she stopped the small fights between the boys with ease. It was kinda interesting to see someone act so well towards some 10 years old children. I know it's weird to watch someone but it's the easiest way to observe someone thoroughly. She goes to grab a few drinks for the kids and herself and when she crosses my path punches me lightly in the gut.

“How’d you find me?”

“Easy. I just observe my surroundings.” She smirks and grabs a drink for herself when the kids rush in and grab their own stuff.

“You’re very observant wherever you are.. Aren't you?” She nods and then leans on the back of a chair. Handing me a small soda. She looks at me and a wave of weird thoughts cross my mind. They wouldn’t stop, and I’m not sure I wanted them too.

“You’re actually not that bad.” She says as if she just realized that point.

“And you thought I was bad?”

“Well you are bad.. But your personality is alright, better than I had thought it was.” I looked at her dress and her hoops, the navy blue background on the dress matched her brown skin tone perfectly. She looked magical. She watched me looking at her dress and adjusted the rim. Her braids falling causing the plastic beads to clink together a little bit. She looks back at me and smiles. And for the first time I noticed her canine teeth were sharp. Really sharp. I shook the thought away and took a sip of the soda.

“Do you do home school? I’ve noticed you don’t worry about school like ever.”

“Yup I do home school! So I can be anywhere and do school.” She pauses and takes a sip of her drink. “Which is convenient now because now I’m in a different area.”

“You don’t talk about why that lady left you..”

“That is confidential information.” She said. It sounded right but for some reason something wasn’t right about that sentence. I pushed the thought away and chugged the soda down to the last drop. When I finished Martha’s mouth was wide open.

“What is it?”

“You’re just gonna pretend you didn’t just down at least half of a bottle of soda in like five seconds?”

“Oh..” I look at her shocked face and begin to laugh.

Author Notes: Um, so sorry if you got offended by this... I uh, It kinda hurt writing it because I knew it was mean as hell. And really bad. But I didn't mean anything by it. Other than that hope you enjoyed!

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
MyBreath
MyBreath
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
7 Jul, 2020
Words
2,984
Read Time
14 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
405

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.