Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Hexagon
Hexagon
Unlisted

Hexagon

MyBreathMyBreath

The terrible sound of death still rang in my ears from the night before. The scene was in a dark alleyway, The hate and urge to kill everything in its path still stung to watch even in my dreams.. Or nightmares. His pale complexions were petrified with fear and soon death. But I wouldn’t have the urge or even have the slightest idea of asking someone for help. They mustn’t learn about who that boy was. They mustn’t learn about what happened last night.

Playing in the front of my mind was the shrieking of my alarm clock, that woke me from my unpleasant tape of memories. It's as if my brain were using my memories like I were in a movie. And not every stable movie has a good or happy ending. In this case my mind may or may not know the ending. But sure as hell isn’t going to spoil it for me. I’m not sure if I want to know the ending anyway.

The shrieking stops. My brother’s fist makes a swift attack in my low abdominal area. I barely flinch. Anger burned in my face.. I quickly covered my entire body with my blanket and ball myself up. Helping resist the urge to break his damn nose, Winter begins laughing. Fucking asshole.. I love him dearly. But one day I swear I’m gonna do something I’ll probably regret.

“Don’t get mad, I was just playin’ around, Mr. Grumpy face!” He says and gently pulls the covers away from my face. I hoped my scowl would make sure he’d back off. Wrong! Winter looked like he was ready to go to work.. Maybe he just wanted to dress nice during a snow day? Winter looked fairly manly. Manly enough to pass for a police officer, and not some kid who’d dress up as a cop. (We all know deep down that side of him is still in there) Winter has soft black hair. It’s shorter than it used to be but still very handsome looking. His brown eyes seem to compliment his hair. Everything about this character is the hair. Winter’s confidence was built on style. If things didn’t look right when he was a child he’d begin to cry and throw a tantrum. Somedays he wouldn’t even go to school if he had a terrible looking hair cut. But not just the hair, it was his ENTIRE outfits. It had to be crisp and nice looking.. Well most of the time (If he wasn’t feeling depressed) And no matter what if his hair is having a bad hair day he is most definitely having a bad day. His eyes show it most of the time.

I get dressed into my day clothes. Jeans and a pale white shirt. My brown curls were all over the place. After a while I get it into a decent place and head down stairs. As I walk down the stairs I finally look out a window. The evergreens outside were covered in snow. It looked like a mountainy wonderland. Green, White and a few occasional glimpses of Hay scattered from the wind.

“Morning sleepy head!” A pink blurr jumps onto my shoulders, causing me to wobble. Faith. Faith my little sister. Eight years of age, and thinks she’s a Supermodel. Her pink dress was fluffy and seemed to actually match what most would think her style should be. No not the queen of pink. Casual, but still a bit bubbly. Flowers lined the bottom of her pink dress. A grey belt strapped across her torso. She was a glittering fairy in the white snow.

“Morning Faith.” I grunt while I set her back down onto the ground.

I make my way towards the kitchen. Moms' apron lay untouched on the chair she normally sits in. And this time Dad was standing by the stove.

“I know.. dad’s cooking.. Ew” Winter says while he texts someone on his phone. Ew is far from correct. It’s more like Revolting. It should be illegal to put his food onto a plate. And that's where cereal comes in.

“Oh please.. Faith likes my cooking.” Dad says and turns to face us. Faith, who had been hanging on my shirt, makes a gagging motion with her entire body. She did say she wanted to be an actress. Dad's face falls and he rolls his eyes and turns off the stove. “Well your mother went to work today-” Winter cuts him off.

“I thought it was a Government holiday!” Winter exclaims, putting his phone down.

“It is.. But something happened and they called your mother in.” He says. “I don’t know why so I wouldn’t bother asking me.”

“So does that mean Mom will be taking her night shift today?” I ask. Winter and Dad look at me. And at the same time their faces fall.

“Oh no! I totally forgot she was gonna start night shifts!” They both say startling Faith. I stay still and shake my head, Idiots.

“Her car might get stuck… if she’s there for so long her car would basically be buried under the snow.” Dad says.

“Wait I thought the snow was gonna stop soon?” Winter questions.

“Nope it's supposed to be like this and worse for another couple of days.” Faith drags me towards her chair and she sits down not letting go of me and her attention on Winter and Dad's conversation. The snow fell slowly, It was more patient than anyone here. The sun was hiding in the fluffy clouds, But rays of sunlight were visible, shining on the tree covered slightly by snow falling from the sky, or the snow that had fallen and is now settled on the ground or in the tops of trees.

“Can you pour me some cereal?” Faith asks with a full on puppy face pout.

“What do we say..?”

“Could you please pour me some cereal?” She corrects herself and I begin to make her a bowl.

She eats slowly while she listens to the conversation, that at this point has changed to politics. I sit and pour myself a bowl while I watch the snowflakes fall to the ground. Gusts of wind shake up the flow of the snow and cause it to fall down in a different way each time a gust of wind blows over.

Mom gets home at 4:56 am, I was awake because of the haunting nightmares that wouldn’t go away. (Don’t question my idiotic habits)

“Oh morning baby, Why are you awake at this time?” Mom asks when she sees me sitting at the table staring at an unopened box of Goldfish sitting in front of me. Her smooth and light voice shakes me from my prison, I turn and look at her, my eyes feeling heavy with sleep. My mom's perfect brown hair was tied into an almost professional looking bun. I could tell it had fallen apart during the ride back home. She was holding her moist coat on her arm and her other arm seemed to be heavier than normal. I looked at her right arm and a small girl was holding on. She looked really tired, Every time her head dropped she shook herself awake.

“Nightmares.” I say still looking at the small girl, “Who’s this?” I point at the girl and look at mom.

“No pointing, it’s rude.. This girl is unknown to me.” She says as she sets the girl onto the couch with a blanket. “A random lady came into the office today and just left her after the lady shoves the girl in front of everyone. A couple of my Co-Workers called the cops but the identity of the woman was unknown. It's like the lady was just an illusion. As well as this girl.” Mom explains and pauses for a breath of air. “And so I ended up being a big softy as I always am, and I agreed I’d take her home until we figure things out.” She says and then kisses my forehead. I stare at mom and try to comprehend what she just said to me at 4 in the morning. It didn’t make any sense that; A random lady and girl walk into the office, The woman pushes the girl (Probably, hard), and then just leaves without the girl. Something felt staged of unreal, But maybe it just sounded weird because It was 4 in the morning. Maybe.

Finally everyone was awake. Well everyone except the girl sleeping on the couch. Winter looked at her like she was a newborn baby. (Which was pretty annoying) And Faith just sat next to her rubbing her back as if to comfort her.(Also pretty annoying) Dad doesn’t know what to think of the girl sleeping on the couch, But mom says we all have to be quiet because we don’t want to wake the little girl from her slumber. I’d rather be in school than here waiting for the girl to open her eyes. Which was gonna knock on my brain for the rest of the damn day.

Author Notes: The beginning.. Hopefully its good?...!

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
MyBreath
MyBreath
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
5 Jul, 2020
Words
1,513
Read Time
7 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
554

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.