Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Dear Future Me
Dear Future Me

Dear Future Me

Dari-the-bookwormDari Poulson
1 Review

Dear future me,

How are you? Is it weird to be an adult?

Do you have a good job? I hope you find a better one than I have right now.

How is your art going? Do you still draw, or are you too busy? I hope you're still drawing.

Have you written your first book yet? Or are you not writing anymore?

Have you met him yet? Is he handsome? Are you married with little kids?

Are you in college? Or are you at home taking care of your kids? Or both?

Are you and your younger brother still arguing? I hope you guys get along now.

Are your sisters constantly calling and visiting you? Do you still go camping with your big brother?

Did you and Mom go on that trip with Misty yet? Or did our plans change?

Do you still sit in moms lap when you visit her even though "you are way too big for it"?

Are you still struggling with depression or is it getting better?

Are you still allergic to everything? or did they finally make something to get rid of allergies?

Do you still like Percy Jackson, Voltron, and Hamilton? Did you finally figure out how to rap Lafayette's part in 'Guns and Ships'?

Do you still ship Percabeth and Plance? Do you still have a big crush on Laurens and Zuko?

Do you still run around the house screaming songs on the top of your lugs?

Do you have good friends? I hope you have more friends then I do now.

Do you still go by Dari or are you calling your self Darianne again?

How much has your hair grown? Did you cut it again?

I hope you are having a wonderful time future me.

Love,

Fifteen year old (almost sixteen) Dari

Author Notes: I wrote one of these when I was in first grade and I recently read it. (It was to my thirteen year old self.) I suck at reaching my first-grade expectations, but in the letter, I told my self to write another one to my adult self. Well, I'm like three years late, but here I am!

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Dari-the-bookworm
Dari Poulson
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
28 Mar, 2019
Words
302
Read Time
1 min
Rating
4.0 (1 review)
Views
1,634

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.