Please register or login to continue

Register Login

History Repeats Itself
History Repeats Itself

History Repeats Itself

lyssy3003lyssy3003
1 Review

While talking with my Ma one night about things that don't need to be mentioned, she asked me if I would imagine something. She told me to imagine having the best friend ever, someone you really liked or even loved, then suddenly they just stabbed you in the back; how would that make me feel?
I answered her with saying that I would feel betrayed and hurt. This question reminded me of Macbeth by Shakesphere. Within that story, Macbeth was next to the throne, only behind the King's firstborn son. Macbeth was seen as this very wonderful and loyal man to the king, and to his best friend, Banquo as well. Discovering that he was next to be king after the firstborn, made Macbeth angry, so he killed the King, the sons of the King fled. A while after, Banquo becomes suspicious, so Macbeth has people kill him too. At this point, he's betrayed everyone who has ever trusted him.

What's the point of me writing this? I understand it, and I know that other people have their own Macbeth's in their lives. It could be a friend, boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse, other, but I wrote this let help people understand they aren't along. This story, along with others, and even past historical events repeat themselves all the time, but many don't realize it.

I hope this makes a difference to someone, whether it be a thought, or they feel like they aren't alone.

Author Notes: I hope this makes a difference to someone, whether it be a thought, or they feel like they aren't alone.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
lyssy3003
lyssy3003
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
9 Nov, 2020
Words
243
Read Time
1 min
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
726

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.