Please register or login to continue

Register Login

I Fall to my Death

This story has some quality issues

I Fall to my Death

By adrienne02

Now, we get to the good part. The Beginning! Boring backstories galore!

I live in the United States. I don’t like Hillary Clinton. And Trump ain't too bad. Plus I should mention that I’m still single.

Anyway, my family and I (the Reckars) live in this small apartment in Chicago. My Dad, my Mom, and my infant 1-year-old sister, Tiffany. Let me just say, that being a big brother is not as fun as it sounds. You are in charge of changing the diapers, calming the baby down, and taking care of her, 24-7.

Now, I’m a, tall, and built up guy. And I’m stuck at home while Dad goes off to General Motors to build cars and Mom goes out shopping for her crazy food inventions. I should be in the military or something. Right?

Don’t get me wrong, I love my family. I really just don’t enjoy the chores.

Okay, so to get back on track, the date, December 31. My birthday. And the day my life changed forever. Mom calls me her “New Year's Gift”. Only, I don’t think you get gifts on New Year’s Day (unless you're me).

So, the night of my birthday party, Dad had invited a bunch of his friends from General Motors (mostly so that they could just hang out). Tiffany and a bunch of her little friends were running around, and Mom was showing some of her friends how to make cheese filled Ravioli with Tartar sauce taste good.

I sat around and waited for my best friend, Cole, to get to the party. I've known him longer than anyone else. The only problem is, he’s always late. And I mean always. Course I can’t blame him. Ever since his parents died in a car crash, he’s lived with his caring aunt. I mean the emphasis on caring caring.

I looked around for a place to relax when Mom came over. “Aren’t you excited for school.”

Ugh, not this again, I thought. For the past seven years, I had been homeschooled, but now Mom’s “job” had gotten even more busy, so I would be finishing my 6th-grade year in public school.

“Uh… Yeah!” I tried to put some emphasis in my voice. “Can’t wait.” Eager to get away, I said, “Uh… I’m gonna’ go see if Cole’s here yet.”

“Okay, sweetie,” Mom said. She strode back into the crowd, toward the kitchen. I finally found an untended pillow on the floor.

I waited for an hour or so, and then the doorbell finally rang. Cole stepped in, looking tired as usual. His tan colored skin tinted slightly red, as if he had been running for a while.

“Aunty Riht hold you up again?” I asked. Ever since his Rebecca Riht lost her sister in the car wreck, she has been careful to make sure that she doesn’t loose her nephew too. Although I don’t blame her, we still call her Aunt Ritzy.

“Can you believe it Jake! This time, she gave me a bottle of mace!” Cole produced a small black cylinder. “You live right down the street from me. It’s not like kidnappers are gonna’ pop out!”

I shrugged. “Well, now that you’re here, you can have some fun. No ritzy aunts here to ruin this party for you.” I lead him into the small living room that was packed with Dad’s friends, who were screaming at the TV and rooting for the Bears to win.

“Touchdown for the Packers!” The game narrator yelled.

The living room exploded into yells and curses. Mom had to come in and calm them down. “Now, John,” my mother soothed Dad. “You know that this is just the beginning of the season. If the bears loose, it will barely count in the grand scheme of things.”

He thought for a moment, then replied in his deep, ‘Man Voice’, “Your right Hallie.” Then he turned to his friends and bellowed, “Free pizza for everyone!”

Everyone in the room rushed into the small kitchen to get a slice of Chicago’s Pizza, because everyone knows that Chicago’s Pizza is the best around. During the ‘Brawl of the Pizza Slice’, Cole and I snuck away to the balcony. It really isn’t a balcony, it’s

I opened the balcony door and we stepped out, and I immediately shoved Cole back in, and stumbled and fell on top of him. “Dude, what’s the big deal!” Cole choked.

“There's a girl out there,” I hissed. Everyone that knew me knew that:

  • I have a problem with being afraid of girls.

  • No one , and I mean no one, gets on my balcony without my permission, and I definitely did not give her my permission.

  • “Stay down,” I ordered. I slowly peered out to see a girl, looking about my age, with brown hair like mine. She had (bare with me for a second) blue eyes, just like mine. I turned back to Cole. “What do we do?”

    “I don’t know. You live in this house. Go and talk to her, girl charmer.”

    I was about to protest when he shoved me out the door and pushed me so hard that I ran into her. “Hey!” she yelled as I fell onto the swing she.

    Did I mention that the balcony swing is really rickety! The moment I fell on top of it, it busted, sending the girl and I cascading over the side of the balcony.

    The girl screamed as we fell. Honestly, I wasn’t worried at all. This had happened to me before. But I missed trying to grab the first two fire escape landings. We live on the 10th floor, and the ground was coming up fast. Then, finally, 5 floors up, I grabbed the rusty iron fence of the 5th landing. I grasped the girl’s hand.

    “Hold on,” I grunted.

    “I’m doing my best,” she moaned.

    After much trying, I finally pulled us onto the rusty fire escape. We both layed on the ground for a minute, catching our breath. My arms were on fire. Not ready for boot camp yet, huh? I thought. I wish Mom or Dad could have seen me.My thoughts were interrupted by a stern voice. And a kick to the side.

    “Jake Reckar!” the girl screamed.

    “Huh,” I looked up and slowly struggled to my feet.

    “You…you… IDIOT!” she kicked me again. “Are you trying to get us killed! We just fell 5 floors.”

    I zoned out. I was looking at the apartment that was laid out in front of us. Wooden signs were posted all over the windows. Glossy red paint was slopped all over them

    STAY OUT!!!

    “...I mean, I appreciate you saving me and all. You must be very strong to be able to do that. But don’t get me off tra-”

    “Oh man,” mumbled.

    The girl started to stare me down with some death stare of hers. “Excuse me. Did you just interrupt me? Because no one interrupts Hally Jones.”

    “Yup. And now we should bet out of here,” I said hurriedly.

    “Why?”

    “Because the guy that lives here would kill me if he caught me dead on his-” my thoughts were again interrupted by a gut-wrenching scream.

    “GET OFF MY PROPERTY!” a man’s voice came from inside the house. So frozen with fear, we stood there on the creaking balcony not moving a bit.

    I am so dead, I thought. Just then, the door to the apartment opened. An old man stepped through onto the fire escape. He had messy gray hair, An old, wrinkled face, and bright blue eyes. He would have seemed to be a very nice man if he hadn’t been in a 24/7 over-my-dead-body- do-you-lay-a- foot-on-this-house-mode.

    Mr. Death Face himself. Also known as Rick Garvesar.

    “Who is he?” Hally whispered to me.

    “I warned you once and I’ll warn you again! You don’t step foot in this house.” He reached out a wrinkled, pale hand towards me.

    I held my hands out to stop him. Suddenly, a blue light blasted from my them. Garvesar stumbled backward, blinded. Suddenly, I felt stronger than ever. When the light died out, the strength left me. I fell to the floor.

    The last thing I remember seeing is Rick stumble over to me and mumble, “He’s one of them. A descendant of Reole…”

    Descendant of Reole.




     

    Author Notes: Credit to Nolan :)

    Report

    Share Tweet Pin Reddit
    About The Author
    adrienne02
    adrienne02
    About This Story
    Audience
    All
    Posted
    8 Feb, 2017
    Genre
    Type
    Words
    1,421
    Read Time
    7 mins
    Rating
    No reviews yet
    Views
    555

    Please login or register to report this story.