Please register or login to continue

Register Login

"I Love the Light in Your Eyes and the Dark in Your Heart"
"I Love the Light in Your Eyes and the Dark in Your Heart"

"I Love the Light in Your Eyes and the Dark in Your Heart"

Broken_HeartedPhoenix
1 Review

Carder was sitting on a bench at the park. It was a nice, sunny day, in the middle of spring, and he walked out to enjoy it. The birds were chirping in the trees and behind Carder, on an open field ringed with trees, children chased each other round, laughing. A soft, warm breeze ruffled Carder's blonde hair and the boy smiled.

He had a wad of paper in his lap, and a pen in between his fingers, ready to write. His blue eyes scanned the area, looking for inspiration. He had to write a poem for English Language class, and he had no idea what to write about.

Trees? Nah. The children? Nah. The couple walking past? Nah. All of it was so used up and Carder wanted to write about something original.

A girl skateboarded past and tripped right across from Carder. The girl quickly picked herself up and collapsed on a bench, rolling up her sweatpants to look at the small cut on her knee. Carder smiled and pressed his pen to the paper.

I noticed you were in a hurry...

And then you tripped. How clumsy of you,

But how endearing.

On a normal day I wouldn't have noticed you,

Another New Yorker in New York.

But for some reason I did.

And now you're across from me,

And your eyes are the colour of the sky.

It's a gorgeous blue,

And you're gorgeous too.

There's blood on your knee,

And on your fingers.

You're biting your lip and your hair is sticking up everywhere,

You should wear a helmet.

I don't want you to hurt yourself.

Anymore than you already did.

You're adorable,

And you have nice lips.

I wonder what it would be like to kiss you.

You're getting up now,

Skating away.

I hope you don't hurt yourself again.

My beautiful stranger.

Carder winced at his poem. He sounded like a love-sick puppy, like Romeo who just glimpsed his Juliet. But that's not what it was, it was just an English student writing a stupid poem about a skater girl.

Carder watched the dark haired girl skate away, not caring about her wound anymore. The blonde sighed and shoved his papers into his bag. He was about to leave when he noticed something.

On the bench the stranger sat on, was a piece of paper, held down by a spare band aid, edges fluttering in the breeze. Carder came over and picked it up. It was an old receipt for McDonald's, and on the back there was a small note.

Dear blonde stranger sitting opposite me,

I saw you staring. You're hot. My name's Phoenix. You should call me.

And underneath it was a scribble phone number. Carder grinned and shoved the paper into his pocket, feeling like he was flying. It was a beautiful day.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Broken_Hearted
Phoenix
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
15 Aug, 2022
Genre
Type
Words
473
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
923

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.