Please register or login to continue

Register Login

If Maybe Was an Answer- Part Five-Rewrite
If Maybe Was an Answer- Part Five-Rewrite

If Maybe Was an Answer- Part Five-Rewrite

BookNerd123Black Sheep

(Amari's pov.)

Jacob lays back on my bed, staring up at the cieling above. Head resting on my pillows, lwgs crossed at the ankle."What is it?" I question, pressing my bookmark in between the two pages. He sits up,"what do you mean?" I roll my eyes,"just come right out and say it." He groans,"that obvious?" I nod, clasping my hands together in front of me. "We went on a date the other night, as you know." I nod,"and?"

He frowns,"I don't have another way to put this but she is such a bitch." I nod,"yep. I warned you." He nods,"I have to take her though. Anyway, how is your book?" He slides the change of subject in, he doesn't care what I am reading. "It is a book." I say and go to open it again. "What is it about?" I roll my eyes, closing it again. "A girl who falls in love and kills herself." He frowns,"youv'e read it before?" I shake my head,"I always read the last page before I begin the book. I don't really like surprises that much." He stares wide-eyed at me,"that ruins the whole book."

I roll my eyes,"no it doesn't. There is still the beginning and middle. The last and first page are the deciding factors for the entire book; the beginning sets up the entire line of story, the middle is when things get interesting, and the end is the best part because you finally know how everything goes. The end is the part that really matters."

He nods, still not understanding.

_____________>>________<<____________>>___________<<____________>>______________<<_____________>>
 

(Jacob's pov.)

Amari shifts, pulling away from my hug. She has been doing a lot of that lately. "Amari." She doesn't reply,"I've been thinking." She looks up at me from her paper. "Yes?" She phrases it as a question. "What is going on with you?" She raises her eyebrows,"what?"

I sigh,"youv'e been acting weird latley." She scoffs,"says the one dating, and I guote,'a bitch.' I laugh,"are you really going to stoop that low?" She crosses her arms,"I just did." Her words aren't harsh but just on the edge of being cutting. She may not talk much but she can use her words like a whip lashing out until you bleed.

"What are you so scared of?" She laugh at the question,"what am I scared of? That bitch is the reason my life went to shambles." She cuts her eyes down,"you have no idea what she did to me. You are so busy trying to make yourself perfect; the perfect girl, the perfect grades, the perfect friend. Does it make you look better to be friends with the regect?" She laughs,"you are just like all of them. the only thing that makes you anydifferent is that you are good at pretending. Now get the fuck out."

I don;t say a word and do as she commands.

Author Notes: Sorry for the wait, hope you like.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
BookNerd123
Black Sheep
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
11 May, 2021
Words
499
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
428

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.